28•

I picked up a large rock that was laying outside of Bradley's big buy and propelled it through the front window of the store, smashing the glass completely. "Let's go." I nodded as the others followed me into the store.

Mike and Max had each of El's arms draped over their shoulders as we made our way to the medical aisle. Nancy quickly grabbed some rubbing alcohol and bandages before turning to us. "Alright, get her down." She ordered.

I knelt down beside Max as Nancy moved herself in front of El's leg. "Okay, let me see." Slowly, she rolled her trouser leg up and I placed my hand over my mouth in shock.

"Oh, shit." max stated as we all stared at the deep puncture marks on Eleven's leg. Blood started oozing out of the wounds as Nancy scrambled to get the bandages out of the packet.

"What-what, hey. What are you doing?" Max butted in as Nancy held the bandage in her hand.

"I'm cleaning the wound?"

No, first we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Max instructed.

"How do you know all that?" Mike frowned.

Max hesitated as she glanced at me, and I knew she was thinking about what I told her to do when I used to patch up Billy after Neil went too hard on him. "I skateboard. Trust me." She stated after a moment.

"Mike, hold this." She reached for Mike's hand and pressed it against the gauze on El's leg. I couldn't help but feel a small sense of pride at how Max had stepped up to do this, and how calm and collected she was being.

"Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay? We're going to need water, soap too."

"All right." Nancy nodded as her and Jonathan got to their feet.

Out of nowhere, clatter of objects falling behind us caused Max and I to turn around. "Does any of this help?" Lucad asked sheepishly.

We glanced at the contents of his bag, that was now strewn across the floor. "No." Max and I both frowned.

"Go get a washcloth and a bowl."

"A bowl?"

"Lucas." The irritation in Max's voice was starting to show and Will quickly slapped his arm.

"Go." He ordered.

"Okay." Lucas nodded as they both turned and walked down the aisle.

El was moaning in pain and I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it doesn't look that bad," I lied, "You're going to be okay, I promise." El turned her head to the side and gave me a weak smile.

"Where the hell are they with that bowl." Max suddenly sighed before getting to her feet. "I'll be back in a minute." I nodded to her in response before turning back to El and Mike.

"Hey, do you want something to eat. Candy maybe? " I asked the two.

"I don't really feel like candy right now." Mike sighed.

I squinted my eyes at him before turning to El. "Some M&M's." She nodded.

"Sure." I smiled slightly and made my way to stand. "Keep pressure on that Mike."

I wandered around the store before walking down the candy aisle. I had just picked up a packet of M&M's when I suddenly stopped in my tracks. A sharp, shooting cramp in my stomach caused me to double over and groan. "Fuck." I groaned, pressing my free to my stomach. It eventually passed after a moment or two and I slowly composed myself, looking around in case anyone had seen me.

I sighed and took off down the aisle. I had to know. I made a b-line to the health section and grabbed the first test I could lay my hands on, before shoving it into my back pocket.

I made my way back to Mike and El, rounding the corner at the same time as Nancy and Jonathan did on the opposite end. "What is it?"

"It's Dustin. I think he's in trouble."