10•

"What." I croaked into the phone, my morning voice not having a chance to disappear as I had just been rudely awakened by the telephone.

"Goodmorning to you too." I heard Max laugh through the receiver.

I sat upright on the couch and stretched before letting out a small yawn. "Hey Max, everything alright?"

"Yeah everything's good. Uh, Dustin's coming home from camp today and we're going to throw him a surprise party at his place and I was wondering if you wanted to help with the decorations?"

I wrapped the cord around my finger and nodded. "Yeah sure, just give me a chance to finish waking up and I'll see you then."

"Evie, what do you mean finish waking up, it's Noon." I could hear her smiling through the phone. Smartass.

"Goodbye Max." I was just about to put the phone down before Max's spoke again.

"Evie wait-." A rustling noise from her end met my ears.

"Hey babe."

"Hi Billy, what's up? " A smile instantly washed over my face. I'd missed him.

"I'm uh home for lunch and just thought I'd say hello."

"Well, hello." I grinned. Billy's laughter echoed through the phone and somehow, my grin got even bigger.

"Anyway, I'm going to get that part for my car tonight over on Cornwallace and I thought I'd come over and see you after, say 9." God, I really needed to talk to Billy on the phone more. His voice sounded so sexy.

"Yeah that sounds great, I'll uh, see you then."

"I'll do more than just let you see me." he chuckled. My mouth was slightly agape and just as I was about to reply I heard a small, distant 'that's gross' from Max and the muffled sound of Billy telling her to 'get fucking lost.'

I let out a snigger at Billy's reaction. "That little shit, always ruining the mood."

"Billy we're on the phone, there is no mood." I smiled.

"You and me can make a mood anywhere." I could hear his shit eating grin through the phone.

"Well save it for tonight," I laughed, "I've got to go get ready now, have fun at work."

"Ah yes, because sitting on a chair counts as fun."

I laughed again. "Goodbye, I love you."

"Yeah, love you too."

The line went dead and I put the phone down. I looked around and realised that the house was starting to look like an actual bombsite and I sighed when I realised that I'd have to clean it up before I left, because God knows how long I'd be at Dustin's.

A whole hour later, I had finally finished cleaning the house so it looked somewhat presentable. After changing into one of Billy's t-shirts and having a miniature breakdown once I realised that almost all of my pants were a bit too tight, I threw on some cycling shorts and  finally left

I started up my engine and drove towards Dustin's. I tapped my foot along to the radio, which was playing 'Maniac' by Michael Sembello and overtook an asshole going twenty in a forty before banging my hands on the steering wheel like a drum.