𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝗒

Start from the beginning

"Wake the girl up!" Negan ordered his men who seemed to be in shock too as no one moved.

"SIMON!"

"On it!"

Simon approached Chloe who was held steadily by Rick. He squatted down shaking her up gently at first then more urgently as she failed to wake up.

"Gently!" Negan ordered.

A bucket of cold water was thrown on her forcing her eyes open as she started shivering.

"I want you to know," Negan said. "That wasn't my plan. But shit do happen."

"A lot of shit did happen!" John barked.

"Do we have a problem here? Wasn't all that enough for you?" Negan asked as he towered above him.

"Speak when spoken to!"

"No, we don't," John mumbled.

"I'm gonna kill you," Rick declared, prompting Negan to step closer, his nearness sending a shiver down Chloe's spine.

"What?" Negan inquired, squatting down in front of Rick and Chloe. "I didn't quite catch that. You're gonna have to speak up."

"Not today... not tomorrow... but I'm gonna kill you," Rick reaffirmed.

"Jesus," Negan chuckled. "Simon... what did he have, a knife?"

"Uh, he had a hatchet."

 "A hatchet?"

"He had an ax."

"Simon's my right-hand man. Having one of those is important. I mean, what do you have left without them? A whole lot of work. Do you have one? Maybe one of these fine people still breathing? Oh. Or did I..." he spoke bringing Lucille close to Rick's face as he clicked his tongue.

Things were desperate.

Sighing, he continued. "Sure. Yeah. Give me his ax."

Chloe's ears picked up the sound of footsteps as the man approached. She didn't look up and instead kept her blurry eyes locked on the ground below her.

Negan stood up, placing the ax on his belt before lifting Lucille up again. Chloe closed her eyes, bracing for more terror. Instead, she felt Rick being dragged away from her as she finally let go of his hand that she had been holding tightly.

 Instead, she felt Rick being dragged away from her as she finally let go of his hand that she had been holding tightly