14

C.K.

I stand by Ty's dressing room, waiting for him to finish changing. In the meantime, I scroll through everybody's story on Ig. When I land on Bri's story, I see a countdown.

"Since @Jacksonville_jit won't remind you, I will 🙃."

Ty's birthday is coming up in a week. April 16 to be exact. I shake my head. You know this nigga selfless selfless, if he wasn't gonna tell anybody bout his birthday coming up.

Speaking of him, he walks out the dressing room with the clothes he's gonna get.

"So you just wasn't gone tell me that your birthday is coming up?" I ask him.

"It's not a big deal." Tyrell shrugs, walking past me.

"Yes it is," I argue, "This is your 20th birthday we're talkin about."

"And it's gone be the same as all the rest, so I'm not finna sweat it." Ty responds.

"Not on my watch." I said, "Im gone make this one special for you."

He snorts, "What are you gonna do that hasn't been done already?"

Shiiii, Ion know yet. "You'll see." I tell him confidently.

We stand in the checkout line. We approach the cashier. She makes a "damn, this boy fine" look at Ty as she takes the items from him.

"Your total is $300.50." She tells him.

I put my card into the machine. The cashier takes this opportunity to spit game at Ty.

"So are you single-"

"Don't even think about it. He a glizzy demon." I cut her off.

Correction, she thought she was gone spit game at Ty.

She gasps in disbelief. I can see Ty shrug at her. I finish paying. I put my card away and I grab the bags. We wish her a great day and then we walk away.

"These Ashleys and Rebeccas love me and I don't know why." Ty said when we left the store.

"Don't worry. I'm your mayo repellent now." I said.

"Pffffft!" He laughs, "Mayo repellent?!"

"Or the unseasoned strangler, whichever one works."

Ty laughs even harder. "I'm such a bad influence on you."

We approach my car. Ty unlocks the doors. We get in and I throw the bags of clothes in the backseat.

I get a light smack upside my head. "Don't yeet them clothes like dat," Ty tells me sternly, "Fuck wrong witchu?"

"Don't be smacking me in my own car like dat," I counter, "You actin like I won't fuck you up in the backseat."

His brown eyes sparkle. "You will?" He asks with hope.

"Hoe ass." I said, "Start the car."

Ty pouts and does what he is told. He backs out of the parking spot. He drives around the lot before exiting into the main road.

I plug the aux cord into my phone.

"I dangle on my nuts on a bitch." I rap.

"Durango truck for the hit." He continues, leaving me in shock.

I hesitate before following, "Spent 500 bucks on a tint."

"It's darker than dude from Get Out," Ty raps, "Was stuck in the trenches, I knew what to do get out."