16

Tyrell

After eating, I get in C.K.'s car. He's gonna show me my gift now. As he drives, I stay silent because I'm trying to guess what the gift is.

Cologne-nah he not a basic nigga. A pair of J's-nah that's basic too.

Ight, these guesses suck. Imma just let him surprise me.

I feel the car turn slowly. I look up to see that we're at a house, a big house, a mansion. This is most definitely a white neighborhood. You can practically smell the raisins mixing into potato salad right now.

 You can practically smell the raisins mixing into potato salad right now

"Whose pretty ass house is this?" I ask C.K.

"Ours." He answers simply while taking out his key.

My eyes naturally squint. "Huh?" comes my response.

Instead of answering, C.K. gets out of the car. I follow his lead. He stands by the roof of the car, hands buried in his pockets, looking at the house before him. I join him.

"Nah but seriously tho, what are we doing here?" I ask in a serious tone.

Sparkling brown eyes meet mine. "This is my gift to you." He responds in a tone that matches mine.

My lips part. I stare at him and then at the house. "You bought me...a house?" I question in shock, "W-What made you wanna do that?"

"Everytime you leave my house on Sundays, things get dull there. No matter how much people I bring there, no one matches your presence, energy, and vibe. No one can replace my Ty." C.K. explains.

"So I bought this house in your city. This way you'll still be close to Famu and you can hang out with your friends at anytime." He continues.

"What's gonna happen to your house in Orlando?" I ask him.

"I'm fine with that being our little vacation spot on the weekends, but I'll be here in Tallahassee with you everyday....if you let me of course."

Disbelief doesn't even cover my emotions right now. I can't believe someone cares for me this much. Tears fill my eyes.

C.K. sees the tears and gets a little alarmed. "I'm sorry. This is prolly too soon in the relationship. I don't know what I was thinking-"

I cut him off with a kiss. He relaxes and holds my waist gently in return. I break it to look into his eyes. I caress his jaw while I do it.

"I love you. God, I love you so damn much." I tell him.

"So the house is fine?" C.K. questions.

"Of course and the idea of waking up to your face everyday is perfect." I reassure him.

A familiar cocky grin forms on his face. "Yea I know." He responds.

I shake my head at him, but I can't suppress the smile forming on my lips.