MISS WRONG?

EZGI POV

I'm looking at myself in the mirror, wearing the Red floral wrap dress

I'm looking at myself in the mirror, wearing the Red floral wrap dress...just about to go and meet Serdar and all I can think about...

is OZGUR!

Shopping with OZGUR.
Eating with Ozgur.
Playful banter with OZGUR.
Our weekend agreement to pretend to be boyfriend/girlfriend.
Daisies... and OZGUR.

The bouquet he gave me, is in a vase by my bed. The daisies remind me of summer and the lavender scent fills the room, and reminds me of the night I spent in his bed, holding him while the thunder raged outside.
I carefully break off a head from its stem and fold it in my handkerchief. I pop it in my purse, in case I need to smell it later...
The image of us lying together is now my happy place.

I'm just about to snap it shut, when my phone rings

It's Serdar.
He's waiting outside and the apartment security man is grilling him and refusing to raise the barrier. He sounds cross.
"It's not a problem. I'll walk down and meet you outside."

In the lift, I'm still thinking about Ozgur, but now I'm going to help plan his mums birthday party.
He told me she likes soft pink and flowers.
Typical mum then.

When I step outside, Serdar is sat in his car, still arguing out his window with one of the security men.
He's dressed in a light grey trouser suit with a white shirt and waistcoat.
Smart, classic.
His light brown hair is smoothed over to the side but the wind blows it, making it swish across his eyes and he's not happy about that either, pushing it back impatiently.
He looks like a gentleman but as I get closer, I hear him call our security man, Haydar, a big imbecile!

My face frowns. I don't like it. Strike One.

"Ah, Miss Ezgi. Apologies."
Haydar takes me to one side.

"Mr Ozgur was very insistent that I don't let any small, strange looking men in, if they are asking for you..."
"When did Mr Ozgur say this?"
"He called me yesterday. He said that an ex-boyfriend might be hanging around."
"Oh...
Well, thank you for being so diligent. This isn't him. I'm fine, but I really appreciate you looking out for me."