THE RYTHYM IS GONNA GET YOU.

EZGI POV

I'm looking in the mirror, twisting my body towards the light and checking out whether the bruise on my arm is fading, or if it's just the golden glow of the lamp, counteracting the yellow tone of it.
I've tried various types of make up foundations and concealers to try and cover it over, but now I'm bored with obsessing over it, and I've moved on to experimenting on a new, more sophisticated look for my face. My eyes are dark and smoky and a bronzer contours my cheeks but I can't decide on a lipstick colour as I haven't chosen a dress yet...despite all the clothes strewn across my bed.

It's Latin night tonight and nothing in my wardrobe is suitable

It's Latin night tonight and nothing in my wardrobe is suitable. Every red dress I have is either strapless or has a formal high neckline and a too long skirt.
I want something sexy and sassy. Something short and figure hugging but I also need to be able to dance in it.
I want the dress I tried on when I went shopping with Ozgur!

My shoulders droop and I inwardly curse at myself for not having the confidence to get it when I had the chance, and now it's too late.

Noises from next door take my attention away from my current predicament and I reach for a light floral dress to put on, and then excitedly go in search of my neighbour. The last few days running up to Latin night have been super busy and Ozgur is back working on lates, while I'm on daytime hours.
We managed a very quick make out session in his office, but it was awkward and was over before it started as we jumped apart every time a door opened or closed.

He's just woken up. The ice in his lemon water is still in cubes and he has his sunglasses on...and not much else...just a pair of baggy black shorts.
Laying back on a sun lounger, his phone is up to his ear, his head tilted right back. His skin is glistening as though he's just had a shower.

"It's a corporate work event, Mum. To create new business. I didn't think you'd be interested...
Yes, Ezgi will be there. She's organised the decor and arranged the entertainment, but we'll both be working."

Ahh, he's talking to his Mum about Latin night, and I can already gather from just a few sentences that she's asking why she wasn't invited.

He sighs and runs his free hand around his neck, listening to her intently. He tries to interject a few times and is unsuccessful.
As the minutes tick by, I can see he's becoming frustrated...until finally...
"MUM! I'm sorry...but I have to go, there's still a lot to do and I need to eat and go back to help Ozan get everything ready...okay...okay! Call me later then. Bye...bye...love you too...bye...I know. I will...bye."
He ends the call and makes a strange sound of exasperation, blowing out air.
"Ayyyeeee, sshhheeesh!"
I giggle and his head snaps up.
"How long have you been there?"
"Not long. Really, a few minutes. You ended that call, rather quickly."
"There's only one way to guarantee getting off the phone to my mum. I tell her I'm hungry. She can't bear it."