HOME COMFORTS

OZGUR POV

Where a few hours ago, every tortured second felt like a lifetime and despair wracked by soul, now I can't catch my breath or slow down my racing heart for the elation I feel.
She's here!
Safe, warm and soft, and in my arms and as happy to see me as I am to see her.
She sags against me and makes a choked sob, before trying to compose herself, but it's not happening. I can feel everything. Every juddery movement of her shocked body, as she grips my shirt sleeves.

Lifting my lips from hers, I press them into her hairline and take another shaky breath myself.
"I'm so sorry."
She replies immediately, but her words come out in short bursts.
"You have... nothing... to be sorry for. You came for me. Ozgur...you stopped him. I don't know what he was thinking...where he was taking me." Her voice trembles and I can't let her continue.
"I shouldn't have let you out of my sight in the first place."

When I take her face between my palms and stare into her eyes, they are shining, watery, bright and alive. So alive. And to think, I might have never looked in them again, or got lost in them, like I am now. She sees my guilt, knows my story and how this has affected me.

"It's not your fault. You know that, right? This time or last time."
I'm shaking my head.
"I was so close to losing you, and then I would have been lost myself."
There would have been no coming back this time.

Her cheeks are flushed with a soft peach glow and she's panting, biting her lips as she looks back at me. So serious, yet so gorgeous too. I feel like I could kiss her and never stop...

Moving in for another one...we're shaken out of our infactuation with each other by an annoying, interupting throat noise from the other person in the small hospital room.
I'd almost forgotten that he's still stood there, watching us. I would be happy to ignore him completely, take her hand and walk out without even acknowledging him, but Ezgi is not.

"Did you know? Did you?"
He looks taken back by her direct stare and accusing outburst.
"Know...what?"
"That he was alive. That there was a misunderstanding?"
"No. NO, I was told your boyfriend was the driver of the car involved in the crash. Not expected to survive...You just needed a bed. Somewhere quiet, away from the emergency room, so naturally..."
"So naturally, you offered a place in here, where you would be there to look after me, comfort me. Keep me finding out the truth. How convenient."
Her hospital gown attracts my attention as she talks. It's loose fitting, falling off her slight frame at the shoulders, showing her raw scratches and bruises from the accident and its also very...accessible.
"Are you hurt? Did he have to...touch you? Examine you?"
I turn on him too.
"What did you do to her?"

The ethics of being the patient of a doctor you've dated and rejected, screams in my head.
The small shake of her head, followed by his denial, reassures me, a little.
"I never touched her and the nurse was here to give her the appropriate care and medication."
My finger gently touches her shoulder.
"Are you alright? In any pain?"
"I was, but somehow, it's all gone, now you're here."
"Same."

Now I ask him another question.
"Have you spoken to your sister? Where is Yesim now?"
"I...I don't know."
"She was at La Gabbia earlier. Did she call you?"
He's silent, furrowing his brow and gripping the back of his head.

 Did she call you?"He's silent, furrowing his brow and gripping the back of his head