CAUGHT OUT IN THE RAIN

OZGUR POV

I sigh and shake my head as I disconnect the call, but I can't be angry at them.
Ebru felt bad about missing out on the party for Mum's birthday and they're both still fascinated and inquisitive about my relationship with Ezgi.
So now, they're outside, parking, and their plans of gate crashing Latin night and yelling 'Surprise' to my face, has been thwarted by the onset of the rain. So I get a cheekily yelled one, down the phone.
"What's going on?"
"We're outside. Mum wanted to see you and Ezgi again...and get dressed up for some Latin dancing. You really should have invited us."
"It's a work thing. I thought I'd explained it to her."
Ebru was half laughing, half annoyed at having to call me.
"Anyway...it's not too bad, just a couple of spots of rain, but Mum's just had her hair done. Can you meet us with an umbrella? Please, Ozgur."
"Okay, okay. Don't worry. I'll send Emre, or Ozan. Stay where you are..."

Now, through the throng of people, I see Ozan's head. He's next to a table, deep in conversation, pointing to a full plate, talking about food I expect. My gaze moves to the bar...it's a busy night and the crowd there is two rows back. Emre has his hands full with a cocktail shaker.
There's no sign of Ezgi, or Deniz, but I'm guessing that they're together in the toilet or they've gone back to the dance floor.
I guess, I'll have to go and meet them.

But then, my phone rings again...
Ebru's name displays again.
Impatient much!
Pressing down, I speak straightaway.

"Ebru, I'm on it. I'm coming!"
Now her voice is not laughing, but sounding shocked and panicked...
"Ozgur, hurry! ITS EZGI...."
"What about Ezgi?"
"I don't know what's going on. She was in the back of a car. It's just passed us...she was screaming for you. Banging on the window...I think she's been...kidnapped."

With the phone still pressed to my ear, I rush forward towards Ozan, just as Deniz comes into sight. She's dabbing at her wet face and neck with a napkin and sees me approach her.
"Where's Ezgi?"
Her eyes check out the door.
"She's just coming. Soner came to apologise and return some ear-rings, or something. Don't worry, I gave him an ear-full. She's sending him away. He's pathetic."
Back on the phone, I'm trying to piece this together.
"Ebru...which way did the car go?"
"It came out of the car park and turned right, towards the bridge."
Back to Deniz, I'm feeling the tension and shock rise in in her...as she listens in. I fire her a question.
"Has she got her phone?"
She points behind her, to the offices.
"No, we put our bags in your desk...Ozgur, what's going on...what's he done?"
My face must show my emotion.
That Pislik...that utter, waste of space...and now I'm cursing, under my breath...
"If he touches her again...I'm going to...Where would he take her? Their old apartment, what's the address?"
Deniz tells me.
I can't put into words, standing here, what I want to say, but my heartbeat is making me shake and adrenalin is fuelling me up. Back into the phone, I attempt to control my fury.
"I'm on my way."

I disconnect the call and head for the door, putting my hand out for my guy at the door to get my keys

"Car keys..."
They quickly get found in a pocket and thrown to me. Deniz is still behind me...
"That idiot...what's he done? Taken her?"
"Stay here and call the police. My sister saw her. In his car, and by the sound of it, she didn't get in by choice."
The rain is still light but getting heavier, splashing onto the pavement and dripping off the overhead awnings. Grabbing a black umbrella from it's stand, I step out and search both ways along the road, and then I think of Ezgi, being bundled into a car and I stride towards the car park, opening up the umbrella as I go...
At the corner, my mum and sister are waiting, huddled together, and I direct the umbrella over their heads, as my mum leans into me.
"Ozgur...it was awful."
Ebru takes the handle and begins to point.
"It went that way...A white car."
"Did you see the driver? WAS IT A MAN?"
"I think so."
"...and you're sure it was Ezgi?"
They look at each other and nod.
"Who is it, Ozgur?"
"Her idiot Ex-boyfriend. Now, go to the restaurant. Deniz is calling the police."
I'm already heading towards my private parking spot, trying not to run but going as fast as I can, but their footsteps are following and my mother's shrill voice comes at me next.
"Ozgur, where are you going?"
"MUM, I don't have time to explain. Go back!"
I grip the car keys in my hand. I don't want to upset her, but if she comes any further she's going to see the secret that I've kept from her.
In all its blue shiny glory...tucked behind the next wall...
Stopping sharply, I turn around and try to block her view...
"MUM. Please...go back."
Ebru tries with her free hand to guide her away, but she's determined.
"Ozgur...Do not go after them! Please..."
The last thing I want to do is shout at my mother, but time is ticking by and I'm becoming desperate to get out of the rain and get in my car to find them.
"I have to. I have to..."
"No. No! You don't."
I'm backing away. The pull to get to Ezgi is too great and she's not going to stop me.
I can't prepare, or console her, if she comes any further. My face is on Ebru. Pleading and apologising...
"I'm sorry..."
My hair is wet and I push it back. My black shirt is sticking to my skin.
Then, heavy running footsteps of a man are coming and over their heads, I'm relieved to see Ozan sprinting towards us...