Chapter 28

A/N- So I am writing this chapter as I sit in a Hospital room as I get an Iron Infusion. It is going to be a long hour but hopefully, I can get a lot written. I think Thalia has been sick long enough so at some point in this chapter I will get her to take the medicine but it probably won't be until the next chapter where she is fully better. Enjoy this chapter.

Astrid's Pov:

I was walking towards Hiccup's house when I banged into Ruffnut. "Good morning Astrid." Ruffnut greeted me. "Moring Ruff," I said. "Where are you off to this morning?" She asked me. "I am on my way to see Hiccup and Thalia," I said to her.

"Do you mind if I tag along?" She asked me. "Um... Yea sure that is fine." I said. Then carried on walking to the house on the hill with my best friend beside me.

"So, I have not seen you around the Village much since Hiccup announced that he had a Daughter," Ruff said. "Well, I was helping look after Thalia and learning on how to be a Mother in such short notice," I explained.

"Fair enough. I mean you have just been thrown into Motherhood since you will be Marrying Hiccup." Ruff stated. I nodded to agree as I could not think of anything to say. "So, what is she like?" Ruff asked me.

"Who?"

"Hiccup's daughter." She answered. "Well, it is hard to say what she is like since all she has done is sleep since she is not well. But she seems to be a lovely girl. She asked me other day if I was going to marry her Father and if I was going to be her Mumm." I told her.

"What did you say to that?" Ruff asked. "Well I was shocked at the question first then I told her that I will be marrying Hiccup one day and if she wanted to, she could call me Mummy," I explained.

"What happened after that? Has she called you Mummy yet?"

"After that, I sang her to sleep then I fell asleep not long after that. And yes, she has called Mummy. She could me Mummy last night." I said as I smiled. "Aww, that is so cute. Can I meet her?"

"Well that is up to Hiccup and not me. But I would say he would be fine with it. But probably best once she is better." I said. She nodded. "Well, I better go and find my other half to see what trouble he has caused this morning. See you later Astrid." Ruff said.

"Bye Ruff," I replied then I watched as she walked off in another direction. I then carried on to the Chief's house.

Once I got to the Chief's house, I knocked on the door and waited a couple of seconds for the door to open. When the door open Valka was standing there. "Good Morning Astrid."

"Good Morning Valka." I greeted back. She then stepped aside and let me into the house. "Hiccup is just upstairs trying to wake Thalia up. Thalia was up most of the night vomiting, so Hiccup has not had much sleep." She said.

"Is she alright?" I asked. "I am not too sure. I know Dagur and Heather bought back the recipe for the healing herbs but let's just hope that Gothi can make it soon for her." I nodded to agree with her. "I will head upstairs then to see if he needs any help," I said.

Valka nodded then turned to walk back into the kitchen. "Oh, Astrid. Meet me at the Arena with the gang after lunch." Valka said. I nodded then walked up the stairs to Hiccup's room. I knocked on the door and heard the slight 'come in.' I took that as an invitation to walk in.

As I walked into his room. He was sitting on the edge of his bed placing a wet cloth onto Thali's forehead. He turned to me. "Morning M'Lady." He said. I could see the tiredness in his eyes.

"Morning Hiccup," I said as I walked up beside him and placed my hand on his shoulder. I kissed Hiccup on his cheek, then I bent down to place a kiss on Thalia's head and that was when I noticed how pale she looked.