Chapter 26

Once we got to Gothi's house Dad leads us into the house and into the room where Ingrid and Bjorn were staying in. As I walked in, I noticed that they were sitting up eating some soup that Gothi had made for them.

"Afternoon Gothi, here is the recipe that we retrieved from Mala," I said handing the recipe over to our elder/healer. Gothi walked over to some sand and started to draw her symbols. I followed after her to see what she was saying. Before I could tell the others what she said Gobber bet me to it. "She says thank you and she is asking how Thalia is?"

"Astrid said that she has not been eating hardly anything at all. If Astrid is lucky she said she will only take 2 to 3 bites then she won't eat anymore. Astrid also said that her fever has been getting higher and she sleeps a lot." I explained.

"She says that all of those symptoms are normal for when a child has a fever and that she will get started straight away on the cure for her." Gobber translated for the group even though I knew what she was saying.

"Thank you Gothi," I said to her who nodded her head at me. Gothi then left the room to start on the cure. "Right that problem is sorted now on to the other problem," I said turning back to face my two riders.

"Hello Ingrid, Bjorn. How are you feeling?" I asked the pair. "We are fine now Hiccup, thanks to your Healer," Ingrid said. "Can you tell me what happened out there and why did you not return to the Edge after your scouting?" I asked them.

Bjorn took a breath before answering my question, "We were out scouting when we got caught by a Dragon Hunter boat. We started to fire at the boat so we could set the dragons that they had caught free. When they started attacking back."

"We were outnumbered, and more boats keep coming. We were shoot down with dragon root arrows and we then crashed on an island not far from where the boats were. Once we crashed landed, we saw the Hunters coming towards the shore. So, we knew we had to hide otherwise we were in big trouble if found." Ingrid said adding on the story.

"What happened after that?" Mum asked them. "Well, we found a cave and we hid in the cave till the dragon root passed through the dragon's system as we did not have the cure for the dragon root on us. And once the Dragon Root had left their system we had to get off the Island and we knew you were at Berk so we thought Berk would be closer and we just made it before we fell out of the sky." Bjorn said finishing their story.

"Was Viggo and Ryker on the boat?" I asked needing to know the answer." No, we never saw them at all." Ingrid said. "Where are our Dragons?" Bjorn asked all of us. "Once you had crashed landed her I got a couple of Villagers to carry you to here while I led your Dragons to the Arena where Cloudjumper has been staying with Bluey. They are fine they have been feed and are well looked after." Mum said to them.

"I am glad you both got away from the Hunter and that you returned to us safely. But get some more rest and once you are healed then you can fly home on your Dragons. But first, you both need to rest and heal." I said. "Thank you Hiccup." Bjorn and Ingrid said then I walked out of the room and towards Gothi.

"Gothi if you could let me know when the cure is ready, and I will bring Thali here to you." I requested. Gothi nodded her head letting me know that she understood what I said. I then walked out of the house with Dagur, Heather, Gobber, Dad and Mum following behind me.

"What are you going to be doing now Son?" Mum asked me. "We are going to go to Astrid's since that is where Thali is and Heather and Dagur are going to tell me what The Defender of the Wing's Healer told them. Then I was going to ask some of the Villagers if they mind helping me build a house for Astrid, Thalia and I." I explained to my parents.

"I will deal with the building of your house Son. Just tell me where you want it and I will get a few people on to it. But it will take at least a few days to complete it." Dad said. "That is fine Dad and I would the house near your house but closer to the forset thank you. But we better get going." I said bidding goodbye to my parents and started to head towards Astrid's house with Dagur and Heather with me.