Chapter 9

Astrid's Pov:

I have been in my bed wide awake since the break of dawn. I just could not get Hiccup out of my head. He's changed so much, and he is not the same Hiccup that let 6 years ago. But I cannot pinpoint it, but when Hiccup was talking about his last 6 years, I got this feeling that he was leaving things out. And that he was not telling us the whole truth. I do not want to ask then he takes off again.

I got out of bed and looked out my window that looks out to the village and saw the gang talking to each other. So, I got myself ready and went out to meet up with the gang who were talking about Hiccup. "Hey Babe," Snoutlout said as he put his arm around my shoulder. I elbowed him in the stomach and threw him over my shoulder with my axe aimed at his throat. "Never call me Babe," I said.

The gang and I were walking around the Plaza when I saw the Chief coming towards us. "Morning Chief," I greeted. "Morning Astrid, Fishlegs, Snoutlout, Ruffnut, and Tuffnut," Stoick said. "Morning Chief" They replied. Then he turned to me, "Astrid, do you know by any chance how to get to the cove?" He asked. 

"Yea, I do know how to get to the cove. Why?" I asked. "Because I would like to see my Son." He said. "And if Hiccup doesn't want you there," I asked while crossing my arms. "Look here girly. You can either take me to Hiccup or I can lock you up form with-holding information on about Hiccups disappearance." Stoick demanded.

"Fine, I will take you to the cove," I said giving in as I did not want to be locked up. I turned around and walked towards the forest, with Stoick and the gang following behind me. As we were walking through the forest no one was speaking which made it awkward.

 I was off in my own world and did not hear someone come up behind me until I felt a hand on my shoulder which bought me out of my thoughts. I looked to see Ruff beside me. "Are you okay Astrid?' Ruff asked me. "I'm fine Ruff," I said. Then I just walked ahead.

Stoick's Pov:

I woke up happy this morning when I remembered that Hiccup was alive and had come home. Once I was up and ready, I knew I had to speak to Hiccup, but I did not know where the cove was or how to get there. But I do know someone who does though.

I walked outside to a beautiful sunny morning and saw everyone doing some work. My eyes landed on a blonde Viking who was talking to the other teens, so I headed towards them. "Morning Chief." Astrid greeted as I approached the group. "Morning Astrid, Fishlegs, Snoutlout, Ruffnut and Tuffnut," I said. 

Then I asked Astrid if she knew how to get to the cove. "Yes, I do know how to get to the cove. Why?" Astrid asked. "Because I would like to see my Son," I said. "And if Hiccup doesn't want you there." She asked. How dare she, the nerve of that girl. 

"Look here girly. You can either take me to Hiccup or I can lock you up form with-holding information on about Hiccups disappearance." I demanded. "Fine. I will take you to the cove." Astrid said giving in. She turned and walked towards the forest. The teens and I followed her.

We have been walking for 20 minutes and no one has spoken a word. Astrid is way ahead probably in her own little world while we just follow on behind. The next time I looked up and Ruffnut is beside Astrid talking to her about who knows what. 

Then Astrid took off ahead, and Ruffnut stopped walking until we caught up. "What did you talk about Ruffnut?" I asked. "Nothing. She would not say anything except 'I'm fine." Ruffnut said. 'Interesting' I thought.

We finally came to an opening between two rock walls that looked into a beautiful cove with a pound in the middle. And the beside the pound laid Hiccups dragon who looked to be sleeping, and Hiccup was leaning up against the dragon writing in a book. Hiccup and the dragon were growling at each other.

Valka's Pov:

"Valka... Valka... Are you awake?" I heard Heather calling me. "Of course, I'm awake. I've been up since the crack of dawn." I said as I walked out of my house to see Heather waiting for me. "What is wrong?" I asked. "Hiccup is still not back yet," Heather said. 

Now I was getting worried about my son and his dragon. "I will go and wake Thalia up then I will meet you at the Clubhouse," I said to her. She nodded then she headed towards the Clubhouse while I headed to my Son's house to wake up my Granddaughter.

"Thalia come on sweetheart it is time to wake up," I said trying to wake up my granddaughter. She opened her eyes before rolling over to go back to sleep. "Thali come on darling it is time to wake up," I say shaking her gently. 

"Grandma? I don't feel well." Thalia said in a raspy voice. I put my hand on her forehead and felt how hot it was, I knew she was running a temperature. An extremely high temperature. "What's wrong Baby?"

"My tummy is very sore." She said. "It's going to be okay Baby," I said as I wrapped her up in a blanket then carried her to the Clubhouse.

"Heather, we need to get a letter to Hiccup and quickly. Thalia is sick." I said as I walked into the Clubhouse and saw Heather, Dagur and Eret. "I was about to send Sharpshot out with a letter. Do you want me to tell him that Thalia is sick and that he needs to get back ASAP?" Heather asked me. I just nodded, 

"Grandma I want Daddy," Thalia said. "I know Darling, you will see him soon," I said. 'Hopefully' I thought. "Letter is sent Valka," Heather said. Now, all we can do is wait.

Hiccup's Pov:

I was leaning up against Toothless writing in my diary and was thinking about what my baby girl was up to. She was probably following her favourite Uncle Dagur around the edge. Thalia has Dagur wrapped around her pinkie finger. "Are you alright Hiccup?" Toothless asked me. "I'm alright Toothless. Just don't know how to take this all in with my Father and ex-village." I said.

"I'm sure it will be fine Hiccup." 

"Yea, maybe. But we cannot stay here much longer. I have to get back to Thalia and the Edge." I said. "But first we need to fix my tail before we go home. And what of your blonde mate?" Toothless asked. "What Astrid? What about her?" I asked. 

"Well, you left her 6 years ago. Could you leave her behind again?" Before I could answer his question, I heard someone calling my name. "Hiccup!" Yelled a voice. I turned around to see Astrid enter the cove. "M'Lady," I replied when I saw my Father and the gang come through the cove entrance.