Chapter 4

A/N: Dragonize will be written in italics. Enjoy this chapter.

6 Years later:

Astrid's Pov:

It has been 6 years since Hiccup left on Toothless, 6 long years. A month after Hiccup left the village pronounced him dead, due to no one finding him anywhere on Berk or at sea. Even the neighbouring Islands had not seen him. Which was expected. I was the only one who knew it was pointless in trying to find him. I mean he was on a Night Fury. 

A week later after pronouncing Hiccup dead we held a funeral for me. After that, the Chief locked himself away for months and left Spitelout and Gobber to do his Chiefing. Six months later the dragon's raids stopped. No one knew why they stopped but we had kept our guard up for about a month, but after that, we dropped our guard when there were no dragons coming to raid us,

A year later I was announced to kill the dragon that was meant to be for Hiccup. But I refused to kill the dragon. Let us say that after refusing to kill a dragon, my parents were angry with me. My parents told me that I had shamed the family name, so from after that day, I basically spent my days at the cove where I caught Hiccup with Toothless. I miss him so much and wish he could come back.

But 6 years later and still no word from him, I am beginning to wonder if he even survived out there since he has not come back yet.

Stoick's Pov:

It has been 6 years since my son Hiccup was announced dead. After I found his letter, I sent out search parties and they all came back with the same answer, 'we couldn't find him'. After the funeral, I took Hiccup's death the hardest. I shut myself up and away from the village and had my brother Spitelout and my good friend Gobber run the village.

 The other Vikings that took Hiccup's death the hardest were the teens, especially Astrid. Every day she disappears into the forest and comes back later at night-time. We have no idea what she does in the forest all day, but we never asked.

6 Months later the raids stopped all the sudden, which was weird at the start as we thought that they were waiting for to let our guard down before striking us, but there were no attacks. Hiccup's disappearing and death took a toll on the village, we all realised that we need him even if he causes a bit of trouble most of the time. But he was good at what he did which was 'Blacksmithing'. Since then I have been training my nephew Snotlout to be the next future chief.

A couple of years later, there were stories going around the Islands about a boy who could control dragons, no one knows who he is as he hides behind a helmet and is said that he rides a Night Fury. I thought that these stories were crazy and that someone had to much free time on their hands to make up stories like these. 

I mean no one can controls theses beast it is impossible, but one day at night someone riding on a back of a Night Fury blasted the cages in our arena and let all dragons out. By the time we could get to our weapons the Night Fury and the rider was gone with the rest of the dragons. The next day I sent out a boat with a few men on it to go searching for the Night Fury and his rider, but they came back with nothing.

Now 6 years later, I am back to my normal self well mostly. After getting an ear full from Gobber last year. I took back my Chiefing jobs and let us say it is nice to see a peaceful village where no dragons have raided since, and we can have enough food for the winters. I just wish I knew what happened to my son and if he were alive, I wish I could have a redo on being his Father. If he were here right now, I would tell him how sorry I am.

Hiccup's Pov:

6 years since I left Berk on Toothless and in those 6 years a lot has happened. A month after leaving Berk, Toothless came across a girl who was around the same age as I washed up on the beach of our Island called 'Dragon's Edge'. I took her back to our campsite where I nursed her back to health. When she woke up and told me that her name was Hannah, from there we became great friends.

 Hannah helped me build the stables, our houses as well as guest houses and the clubhouse. But of course, we had help from dragons too. I taught her about dragons, and she befriended a red and yellow Monstrous Nightmare that she called Sunset, as the colours reminded her of the sunset.

Five months later Hannah on Sunset and me on Toothless came across the dragon's nest that held the Queen of dragons called the Red Death. We then put a battle plan into action, and we stopped all the dragon raids. But because of the battle, I ended up losing my left leg from my knee down.

A year later we came across and meet a girl named Heather and her brother Dagur, who now live on Dragon's Edge as well. That same year we made friends with Eret, Son of Eret who used to be a dragon trapper. It was a day where Hannah and I were out on a flight when Hannah was shot out of the sky by Eret's crew. After talking to his crew, they all decided to come back to the Edge with us.

3 years ago, I had asked Hannah to marry me, which by the way was a big wedding. Then 9 months later our little girl was born into this world. We named our little girl Thalia Astra Haddock. That was the best day for Hannah and me, apart from our wedding day of course. A month after Thalia was born Hannah got sick and passed away. 

That was the worst day of my life for me, but I promised Hannah that I will always be there for our little girl. That same year I found out that my mother was still alive who had been living with dragons for 18 years. And she now lives with me and Thalia on Dragon's Edge. But even though I was married to Hannah and had a beautiful daughter, I still never could get over my feelings for one blonde Viking. Hannah knew how I felt for Astrid but that did not stop me from loving her as well.

Now, I am 21 years old. I have a beautiful 3-year-old daughter who looks a lot like her mother and who I love very much. My mother helps me with Thalia when I cannot be around. Since I left Berk, I have made it my goal to save dragons and forming peace between Vikings and dragons. Around the villagers on other Islands, I am known as the Dragon Master.

"Daddy, can we go for a fly?" My 3-year-old daughter askes me. I looked at my daughter then looked to the sky not realising how late it had gotten. "Not tonight baby. It is getting dark and it is also your bedtime." I said as I picked her up. "But Daddy, I want to go for a fly on Bluey." Moaned Thalia. "No Thalia. It is bedtime." I carried her up to her room and put her to bed. "I will see you in the morning baby girl," I said as I tucked her into bed and poke her nose which caused her to giggle. 

"Okay Daddy, Nun Night. I love you, Daddy." Thalia said just as her eyes closed. I kissed her on the head then said, "I love you to baby girl." I walked out of her room closing her door a bit, so it was shut tight. I walked out of my house and over to the Clubhouse where I knew Toothless and my Mother would be.

"Evening Son,"

"Evening Mum, can you keep an eye on Thalia for me so Toothless and I can go on a flight?" I asked my Mother. "That is fine Hiccup, go and enjoy your flight with Toothless." She said. "Thanks, Mum, Thalia is in bed and asleep," I said as I mounted Toothless. She nodded her head to let me know she got it and Toothless took to the sky. 

"Why didn't Thalia and Bluey come with us?" Toothless asked me. "Because it is getting late and Thalia needed to go to bed. So Sunset is staying back to keep an eye on her and so is my Mother." I told my best friend in dragonize. Toothless love Thalia and he protects her as well as he likes to help look after her while I am in the forge working. Hannah's dragon Sunset also helps with Thalia as Thalia is the last thing she has left of Hannah. 

The rest of the riders help when they can as well, they all love Thalia and Thalia loves them. Thalia has them wrapped around her little finger not that they know that. "Come on bud, want to do some tricks?" I asked Toothless which he grumbled too. "Fine, but don't do anything stupid." He said.

"Since when do I do anything stupid?" Toothless gave the 'really do you want me to tell you' look. "Fine." I sighed.