"Those were the authors?" He joked, widening his eyes along with his mouth.

She shook her head quickly, not missing a beat to joke back at him. "Of course not," She said in the most serious tone she could manage, "Those are the names of the main characters in my second favorite book— Green Eggs and Ham."

"Dr. Seus!" He loudly replied, pointing his finger at her as he showed off his knowledge.

Her eyes nearly popped out of her head in surprise, leaning forward to grab onto his outstretched finger. "Shh," She hushed him, choking back a giggle as she glanced up apologetically at the people that wandered past.

He mocked her expression, glancing around awkwardly. "Sorry," He whispered back to her, slowly pulling his hand out of her grasp.

Elisa pressed her lips together, and covered her face with her hands, hiding away the wild blush that appeared on her cheeks.

He smiled softly, resting his hands back in his lap. "I like you," He told her, speaking in a much calmer voice, "You're funny."

She moved her hands to see him, holding them by her mouth as it twitched for a shy smile. "Thank you," She mumbled behind her fingers, "I try my best."

He sighed deeply, tearing his eyes away from her to glance at the Rolex watch around his wrist. "I'm sorry, it's my friends birthday," He huffed, "I have to go give him his gift before he kicks my ass."

"There's no reason to apologize," She shrugged, "We weren't exactly hanging out."

"I want to," He said quickly, causing her to knit her eyebrows together, "Hang out with you, I mean. I was serious when I said I like you— You're cool."

She didn't bother to hide that blush, which amused him.

"Maybe we can?" He suggested, biting his bottom lip, "Soon?"

"Maybe," She repeated, pressing her fingers into her palms, "We'll see."

He let out a short breath of relief, scrambling up to his feet. "Can you actually help me?" He asked timidly, "I need a new math book but I have to admit, I'm totally lost."

She nodded, outstretching her own legs to get up to her feet. "You're taking Calculus, right?" She inquired knowingly, "They're over there— By the Government workbooks."

He followed her finger and nodded in understanding. "Thank you," He sighed, turning back to her.

She nodded again, carefully digging herself out of the corner. "Of course," She said quietly, retreating back to her shy nature.

Oliver smiled, slowly backing away from her. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He suggested, tilting his head at her.

"You know it," She laughed awkwardly, bending down to pick up her bag.

"Goodnight, Elisa."

"Y-yeah," She breathed out, feeling her heart rise to her throat, "Goodnight, Oliver."

-

Elisa stared down at the paper in front of her with a blank expression, letting her thoughts run wild to distract herself from the utter confusion she felt. Despite it have only been two weeks, she was completely lost.

She sighed, bringing her hands up to lean her face in them, and rubbed her fingers against her forehead in frustration.

Oliver watched her intently, leaning his chin in his hand as he shamelessly stared at her. He spun his pen in his fingers as he thought, mentally battling with himself on whether or not he should offer to help, and lost himself so deep in his thoughts, he didn't even notice when she turned to stare back at him.