Chapter 12

It was cloudy and the sun is now visible. I'm enjoying the warmth that the sun gives to my skin. I usually wake up around 7 am for work, so I don't have many chances to see the sunrise. But today was different. I am welcoming my day with a bliss of sunrise. Embracing the view of the blue deep water.

I believe that in the ocean it is the place where the water meets the sky.

I was taken aback when someone stood beside me. It was Sybil. She didn't talk, she just stood beside me and enjoyed the same warmth and view that the sun was offering.

I was feeling something about Sybil. It was her aura. It was different than before. I know hindi 'yun dahil sa red shirt na suot ko, I think it was deeper and colder like this ocean.

I've known Sybil for a very long time. I mean we've been together before. It was funny because our friendship is not as good as our friendship now. We've become sisters and I hope it will last.

My thoughts have faded when my ears are suddenly filled with Romeo's voice "I'm the King of the World!" He keeps on shouting it while standing at the edge of the yacht. Giving us the vibes of Titanic.

'King of the world' made a sudden big impact on my thoughts. As you can see I'm with the future Kings of different countries of the World.

My friends are having their own businesses. Some are preparing for breakfast while the others might be sleeping or just doing their own stuff. I bet Ayi is sleeping because of the hangover.

"When I was talking to my Grandma Anastacia she asked me to choose between Sunrise and Sunset. And I wanted to ask you the same question she asked me. Which one would you prefer? sunrise or sunset?" Sybil asked me.

"Sunrise?" I answered but doubt was visible. I mean I'm not sure if that is the right answer.

"Why?" She asked me for an explanation.

"Sunrise is our chance to begin again, to be present in the moment, to let go of yesterday. Every day is a brand new day and every day we can always set out to start something great and new." She nodded and smiled at me.

"How can you begin again when you can't even let go of the past?" I was stunned. I don't know how to respond. I was just listening to her. I mean we never had the chance to talk about this seriously.

"I have always been jealous of you up until now. I was jealous of the love that your family has been giving you. But your opinion made me think that even a perfect sky still has thunder after. After a rainbow there's a rain. I was jealous of someone I can't be" she said then faced the ocean and stopped talking.