Chapter nine

Edie's P.O.V

Recap of last chapter:

We were almost at the top and I think now is the right time to tell pj the news.

"Pj, you know how you said for me to have a DNA test to see who the father was, well I got the results back and it turns out that the father is -"

*

"Well, who is that father?" Pj was trying to meet my eyes but I couldn't because I was too nervous.

"Yours pj! That baby belongs to you!" I shouted and he hugged me tightly as happy tears spilled out both of our eyes.

"So that's what this date was all about!" He laughed and I nodded. I motioned to the door that was open and the person was telling us to get out in the nicest way possible but I could tell that they didn't mean it.

"Even though this was the date you set up for me, I'm going to treat you to any restaurant you would like whether it be cheap or expensive, anything for my favourite person in the world."

I looked around at all of the restaurants and pointed to a Chinese place that was neither cheap nor expensive so pj couldn't complain about the price and the food quality.

We got seated and ordered food straight away and discussed names for the baby, both boy and girl. We were cut off from our conversation by pj getting an incoming phone call which he claimed was important and had to take.

I watched as he left the table and headed towards the toilets at the back of the restaurant.

He came out a moment later and gave me a thumbs up to say no more interruptions but in an instant everything went in slow motion as the waitress who served us grabbed pjs face in her hands and mooshed her face with his.

I could no longer see clearly because of all the tears so I stood up, left a twenty on the table to say sorry to the people here about my sudden exit and their troubles of making my food.

When I got outside it just had to be bucketing down rain with thick black clouds and it was only around six in the afternoon so this was going to be a lot more difficult to get home than I thought.

I ran as best I could towards Dan, phil and Lily's house as fast as I could to avoid rapists, muggers, kidnappers, and most of all pj.

I somehow managed to find the door belonging to the three and I knocked furiously since it was so cold and my mind was a mess.

Dan opened the door and noticed me soaked from the rain and crying and ushered me inside, checking to make sure no one followed me before closing and locking the door.

"Woah, what happened to you?" Lily said as she got off of phils lap, she looks like she had just woken up or something like that. She looks like a zombie. Panda zombie. Avril lavine zombie. Raccoon zombie.

"Edie! Can you please tell me what happened to you!" Lily was shaking me and she was right infront of my face now so I booped her nose.

"Panda"

"No, Lily. What happened"

All I couldn't manage was hand movements because if I opened my mouth I would do something stupid again so I pointed to my heart, made a heart shape with my hands then tore it in half and everyone in the room was shocked.

I slid my ring off and threw it across the room and started crying again as the image of the waitress kissing pj filled mind making me want to throw up.

"You can stay in my old bed tonight okay, I'll sleep with Dan okay?" Lily helped me up off the floor and I nodded at her kind gesture.

She helped take off my coat and then passed me some pyjamas and turned around so I could change.

She turned back around as I was getting into the bed and She pulled the sheet up to my chin. As she was about to leave I made the grabby hands at her and she walked back and say on the end of the bed.

"I can't stay with you, Dan will be lonely" but I made a sad face at her.

"Phil?" I saw him leaning in the doorway looking nervous for whatever reason.

"Go sleep with Dan Lily, I'll stay with Edie." Lily and phil exchanged goodnight before she left the room and I shuffled over, making room for phil to sleep next to me.

As soon as he was comfortable, I rolled into his side like a little child so I could get warm because I was still freezing from the rain and in a matter of seconds I was all warmed up and falling asleep.

A/N happy birthday berrybook1 ! Hope you had a great day and enjoyed that chapter :)