Rage

A clang wakes me, instantly my senses are attacked by the delicious aroma of vanilla

A clang wakes me, instantly my senses are attacked by the delicious aroma of vanilla. I stretch my arms above my head hitting a soft body, I tilt my head back and see Jade's fat cat on the arm rest. The cat nudges my out reached hand, asking for a rub, I oblige. "Are you a good kitty?" she meows at me in response, "You sure are a fat kitty."

"Never call a female fat." Jade appears around the corner pointing a spatula at me, wearing those damn glasses, and her hair piled on top of her head. She looks so beautiful.

"Noted." I smile at her, "Morning."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Your couch is definitely better than Vance's futon."

"Speaking of, when do you get to move into your house?"

"Closing is this Thursday!"

"Shut up! That is so exciting!" She moves back into the kitchen, and I twist to sit upright.

"Yeah." I agree but it doesn't come out as enthusiastic as one should who just bought a home. Don't get me wrong, I am excited but living alone isn't something I'm looking forward to. Maybe I should get a cat. I move into the kitchen and sit at her small table. "Coffee?" she asks, "The waffles are almost ready."

"Yeah, thanks." She pours me a cup, "I owe you."

"You don't owe me anything." She fleets away.

"I do. Thank you doesn't seem adequate enough."

She waves me off and returns with waffles with strawberries on top of whip cream. "Sorry you like strawberries right? I have blueberries if you prefer those."

"This is perfect."

She joins me and we eat in bliss. "Do you work tonight?" I ask her.

"Yep!"

"You work every Saturday?"

"Pretty much." She shrugs.

"That's gotta suck for your personal life no?"

"I make time if needed, perks of being the owner's niece. But Drew's pretty good at letting people off when they need."

I'm about to respond when I hear my phone going off in the living room. "It's probably V." I get up and grab my phone off Jade's coffee table, noticing it's an unknown number. "Hello?" I answer.

"Don't hang up."

I sigh, Fuck. "What do you want?"

"We need to talk."

"No, we really don't. I told you-"

"I know, I'm not signing the papers until we talk."

I want nothing more to be rid of her, I see movement to my right and look over at Jade. "Vic are you done?"