Oops

My class ran longer than expected, so I was fifteen minutes late as I strolled across the lot towards the bleachers full of family and friends

My class ran longer than expected, so I was fifteen minutes late as I strolled across the lot towards the bleachers full of family and friends. A little boy is up to bat from the opposing team. Glancing around the field for little Jack's number, I spot him in the outfield. He's tall and skinny just like his mom. My smile widens, I wasn't kidding when I told Vic that I loved seeing Jack play. The batter manages to hit the ball and it floats right to Jack, I scream out my excitement as he catches it. I'm so glad that I didn't miss that!

Spotting Zara's black hair, I make my way to her. "Hey! There you are!"

"Here I am." I joke. I give her a hug and sit beside her. There are two sets of bleachers so everyone is pretty spread out. "Feels like I haven't seen you in forever." She bumps my shoulder, "What's new? How's lover boy?"

I laugh, "Who is lover boy?" Her eyes narrow at me. "Oh please, that hot man that you've been spending so much time with."

"We're friends." I correct her, "No lovin' going down."

She hmms, "I'm sure he wants to."

"Maybe." I shrug, "If he weren't in his situation I'd totally be down. He seems to be doing well though."

The crowd cheers around us, pulling our attention to the field, we were too wrapped up in the conversation. "Dammit, I missed what happened." She whines making me laugh. It looks like another out and they're switching. "Oh Jack's dad has been taking him to the batting cages to practice. He's improved his swing so much."

"Holy crap, isn't that dangerous?"

"They have cages designated for kids and the speeds of the pitch can be adjusted. He was really excited and I'm glad Elliot is pending more time with Jack."

"Oh wow. Elliot's been coming around more?"

Zara tucks her black hair behind her ear, "Uh, yeah." She doesn't look at me and I know something is up. I smack her arm with the back of my hand and whisper shout at her, "OHMYGOD!"

She smiles, "I have no idea what's going on. He's different but he's been coming around more, showing more of an interest in everything."

"Is this good? I mean this is good right?"

"Jack's thrilled to see us together more but I won't lie, I'm nervous. He wasn't around much when Jack was a baby. I have some resentment for that."

"I don't blame you at all but your face and smile says it all. You still love him."

The game is still going on, we're both waiting for Jack to come up to bat.

"I do." She pauses and leans into me, "We slept together."

"I KNEW IT!" I yell out and a few people look at us. She stands up abruptly and I glance forward noticing Jack coming out. She yells and shouts loudly, Jack waves to her and then moves to the plate his face is serious as he swings the bat a few times. The pitcher tosses the ball and Jack doesn't swing. The next ball he swings and he knocks it out. This has both of us screaming our heads off. He's only eight years old but he may have an amazing future in MLB.