I'm a catch

My phone alarm actually startles me awake, I'm a bit disorientated at the surroundings but quickly recover

My phone alarm actually startles me awake, I'm a bit disorientated at the surroundings but quickly recover. I slept amazing. It's gotta be the mattress. I stretch out my limbs and sit up. It's so surreal to be here, in Vic's home. I rub my face and move out of bed. I dress and do my morning routine, hoping to beat Vic into the kitchen and get some kind of breakfast ready for him. I'm successful and get his coffee maker ready, noticing the packaging from Zara's coffee shop. I remember seeing some eggs in the fridge so I get those out, pull out a small pan and get that heated up. The smell of coffee begins to engulf his kitchen. I move around his cabinets looking for some tumblers.

"They're in the dishwasher."

I jump at the sound of Vic's voice and twirl around clutching my chest. I have no idea how I didn't hear him. "Jeez." Vic looks real nice in a dress shirt and tie, his styled hair.

He smiles wide, "Morning."

I glare at him, "It'd be good without the scaring."

He chuckles lightly, "I could get used to this."

"I'm sure you could. Keep scaring me and I won't be making you breakfast again."

"I'll try to be on my best behavior."

I quickly assemble us some bagel egg sandwiches and place the used pan into the sink. "I'll clean that up later." Then slide a plate in front of him and settle into the stool next to him. Vic enhales his sandwich in four bites.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I laugh.

"Yep, it's official you're never leaving."

I feel warmth spread all over, I like hearing those words more than I'll admit. Vic stands and moves around me, placing his plate into the sink. He opens the dishwasher and removes two tumblers from the rack. I watch him fill them with coffee as I eat.

"I don't have any fancy creamer or anything."

"Milk is fine. I'll stop at my apartment and pick up some stuff after class."

He faces me, "Not alone."

It's a tone I haven't heard from Vic. Demanding. Alpha. I like that way too much. I have to shake myself of the lust from just those two words. "I'll have Zara come with me."

"You call me if she can't go with you."

"Okay."

He nods, "Okay." and finishes with our coffees. His arm shoots out and he checks the time on the watch on his wrist. "I'm gonna go grab my bag. We better get going."

I finish up and grab my own things. We both meet at the front door. "Ready?" he inquires.

"Yep." I smile up at him.

He shakes his head and opens the door for me. I'm not sure why he's shaking his head but it has me questioning myself. I've never lived with a man besides my uncle but he really doesn't count. The doors unlock and I slip inside, putting my backpack on the floor at my feet while Vic gets in and starts up the car. I know I shouldn't but I wonder what his day to day life was like with Melissa. Did she wake up and make him breakfast? Did she fuck him like he should be? I shake at the unexpected body chills.