Chapter 58: The Awakening

Start from the beginning

Serafina just looked away.

"Actually, I have an indicator to help me realize if I'm already in love with you."

"Really?"

"Yes. If, one day, I come to the conclusion that I want to spend the rest of my life with you, that's when I'll admit that I've trully and fully fallen in love with you," Robb replied with a faint smile.

"Is that really your definition of love? Spending all your days with someone?" Serafina asked him.

"No. Not really. All the people on this planet have their own definition for love. It is one of the most common emotions that humans feel, yet it also has one of the most diverse definitions. My definition for love is something that can be applied not just to lovers, but for families, friends, siblings, and literally everyone else as well."

"And that is?"

Robb smiled. "Love is staying with someone until the very end."

Serafina nodded. "I can see your point."

"Family will always be with you all the time. True friends will stay with you forever. When people love you genuinely with all their heart and entire being, they are willing to stay with you all the time, no matter what happens, until the very last second of your existence here on this planet. . . and even beyond. Like I said, my definition applies to everyone. That, for me, is what love is all about."

Serafina smiled faintly before looking over the horizon where the sun is currently sinking. She let out a sigh as a cold breeze blew gently against her.

"Yeah. . . I think you're absolutely right."

※ ※ ※

Motionless people lay scattered all over the school grounds along with various debris. Nearly all structures have been flattened by the explosion. The damage even extended beyond the school grounds. An eerie silence enveloped the surroundings, disturbed only by the haunting sound of howling wind.

Despite the unthinkable destruction, one lady remained standing in the middle of all chaos. Cracks and fractures occupied every square inch of her body and face. Some parts of her skin were even falling off. Despite of those, Serafina stood mightily on her spot, undaunted by everything that she has experienced tonight.

She let out a laugh that echoed across the school grounds. "Who dares to go against me now? Go on. Rise and fight me! All of you can attack me at once, but none of you will be able to defeat me. I will always be standing because I am strong. I am mighty! I am powerful!"

Two bloody bodies suddenly moved a short distance in front of her. They were Ike and RB. Wounds and cuts and burns and bruises occupied their bodies, along with several crystal spikes that have punctured them on different places. Serafina just stared at the two with a triumphant look on her face.

"Look at you, mangled and broken just like your old friends who died protecting you. Just like Aria. Just like Jack. Just like Esmerelda. Just like everyone else who sacrificed their lives only to delay the inevitable. You two have suffered the same fate that ended their lives. Now, say hello to your old friends for me."

Spheres of darkness appeared over Serafina's hands once more which she then aimed at Ike and RB.

"NO!"