A Time With You - 03

As cars and people bustled all over the place, Ike walked amongst the crowd and tried to look as inconspicuous as possible. It was already pretty late when Professor Sivera’s class finally ended. Carrying his take-out dinner on one hand, he thought of all the chores that he still has to do back in his condo. Thankfully, he doesn’t have work the next day. Nevertheless, the thought of doing more work seemed to wear him down even more.

His attention was suddenly caught by several television monitors displayed from behind an appliance store’s window. Curious onlookers also paused to watch the program being broadcast.

“…it seems there is nothing for this young man to go but up,” one of the commentators said. Ike jumped in shock when his picture suddenly appeared on screen. Thankfully, no one seems to have noticed him.

“True,” the commentator’s female companion chimed in. “His astronomical jump to the fourth spot in the National Ranking is simply incredible. No one, not even the late Esmerelda Evanesca, was able to land a spot this high in the National Ranking right at their very first application. It seems Lunaria is indeed the next big thing.”

“Of course, his reputation during his years in the Emerald School of Magic probably contributed a huge part to his popularity. However, we simply cannot overlook the fact that apart from ending Serafina as a student, he also disposed of her remaining followers as an agent. Lunaria has already proven himself worthy of his spot in the ranking due to his successful career at the NMLEA even at such a young age.”

The female commentator smiled. “Even though nearly all people recognize the name Ike Lunaria, we actually know very little about this young man’s personal life. The documentary that featured this young agent only focused on his life as an Emerald student, so we’re actually pretty much clueless about the present life of Lunaria. Everyone seems curious about his life as an ordinary person, especially the ladies—”

Ike just stared flatly at the TV monitors before walking away immediately. “I forgot it was just a tabloid show,” he whispered to himself as he fixed his cap.

“I really want to know about him more,” one of the people behind him said. It was a lady who was watching the show earlier. “I mean, he obviously has the looks and the body, but what I admire about him the most is how gentle and caring he seems whenever he’s talking to people. I happened to see him when he was on patrolling duty one time. Not only is he incredibly hot, but he seemed like a true gentleman.”

“Keep dreaming,” the lady’s companion replied with a smirk. “He can easily get anyone he likes, so I don’t think he’ll settle with someone simple or ordinary. I mean, why would he settle for less when he can easily get the best of the best?”

Ike quickened his pace, finally leaving the gossiping crowd behind him. He just let out a weary sigh as he looked up at the darkening sky high above.

When he started getting even more famous, Ike also started having privacy issues. People always say that being an agent is just like being a celebrity. Whenever he’s out on patrolling duty, people would always ask pictures or autographs from him. His team just watches him in amusement as he deals with his admirers, most of which were ladies of his age eager to get close to him.

He couldn’t even enjoy a quiet time for himself on his free days. Whenever he goes outside, Ike always tries to look as normal as possible in order to avoid attracting unwanted attention. Because of this, he usually spends his free days inside his condo. It’s a little bit tiring, but he knew from the start that he’s bound to experience this kind of thing when he signed up for his job.

Ike finally arrived at the building where he lives. His condo unit was actually given to him as a gift from his parents when he graduated from Emerald. His parents figured that he’d still stay at the capital city even after graduating from the school, so they bought him a place where he could live while he’s working.