Chapter 3: The Aftermath

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked Ezekiel when all the other people have left the office.

The guy in black glided back to the desk. "I won't sugarcoat my words, Ike. Unlike my sister, I don't filter my words. For me, letting someone carry the heavy weight of truth is much better than the light and comforting embrace of a lie. You're already old, Ike. You're already strong enough to endure the pain of reality."

He paused for several seconds before turning around and looking at me straight in the eyes. "Serafina will surely pit RB against you."

"I'm sure that Elijah already told you about how the deceased Prime Elementals pass the weirdness to the next holder. Throughout the history of Life's Primes, they've always faced a powerful opponent. There is a reason why the Primes have the ability to pick who will be next bearer of the Prime Elemental. Can you please tell us exactly how the process happens?" Ezekiel said.

"Once a Prime dies, his entire future bloodline will be revealed to him. He will then be able to pick who the next holder will be," I replied.

"Exactly. The choice, however, is not completely made by the current holder of the Prime Elemental. The weirdness itself influences the holder as to who will inherit the power. The Prime Elemental resurfaces only during the time when the heir of the Prime Destruction is also active. Why? Because the two weirdnesses are destined to always cross each other's paths," Ezekiel said.

"We still don't know the reason why it happens," Professor Elena added. "But throughout the history, nearly all the past Prime Elementals faced a villain with a weirdness very similar to the Prime Destruction."

I remembered Elijah and Astrid, the former being the Prime Elemental and the latter being the Prime Destruction.

"Serafina knows a lot about the Prime Weirdnesses, and I'm sure that there are some things about those two weirdnesses that only she knows. Serafina did a lot of research in the past, even travelling to distant countries just to search for answers. I'm afraid that she also knows Delphina," Ezekiel said.

"What exactly is the power of the Prime Destruction?" I asked.

"It's easy to say that it's the power to destroy everything and anything," Ezekiel replied. "However, destruction is not the main ability that the dark weirdness can give you. I've read a lot about it, and all the things that I've read agree on one thing: the Prime Destruction is the very essence of darkness itself. No one knows the extent of its power. Even my own sister is not familiar with its capabilities."

"As you've seen last night, Serafina is a Duplus just like you and RB. She used to have the Prime Destruction, but our sister felt that Serafina no longer had the weirdness when they fought nearly two decades ago. It seems that she transferred the Prime Destruction to Rubio right before our sister took him away from her. However, Serafina still exhibited the remnants of the dark weirdness in the battle last night. The Prime Destruction is very different from the Prime Elemental, Ike. There's just so much that we don't know about it," Professor Elena added.

"Serafina's first weirdness is Stealing. She has the ability to steal weirdnesses from other people. Her power has one flaw, though. The weirdnesses that she can steal and keep are only the dark ones. She can still steal common weirdnesses, but the powers wear off after a while. I believe that her Stealing Weirdness is directly related to the dark nature of the Prime Destruction," Ezekiel said.

"And this is where the problem comes in, Ike," Professor Elena continued. "The Prime Elemental is probably the father of nearly all common weirdnesses imaginable in this world. You are a very valuable target to the Legion because of your weirdness. If Serafina captures you..."