Chapter 58: The Awakening

"What a rough day. . ." Robb said before collapsing on the grass. It's late in the afternoon, and Robb has just finished doing all his chores. Taking advantage of his free time, he immediately went to the hill overlooking their town.

Sitting on the grass was a young lady with a mane of long wavy hair and striking purple eyes. Serafina seemed to be lost in her thoughts, not even moving from her place as Robb sat beside her.

A purple flower suddenly came into Serafina's view. The young lady flinched in surprise before moving her face away from the flower.

"Get that thing away from me, you idiot," the young lady snapped at him.

Robb just chuckled. "You're so deep in your thoughts. Don't do that. Before you know it, you'll have frown lines and wrinkles all over your face. Just keep smiling to attract happy thoughts."

"Even smiling can give your wrinkles, for you info," the young lady replied. "Having a flat, expressionless face is the best way to avoid having wrinkles."

"Eh? That's too boring," Robb replied before running a finger on the side of Serafina's face. "Besides, I like looking at you even more whenever you're smiling," he whispered.

Serafina's eyebrows twitched. Without any warning, she suddenly grabbed Robb's finger before twisting it. The young man just let out a cry of pain and curled on the grass when Serafina finally let him go.

"Try doing that again and I'm going to twist your entire body," the young lady snapped at him.

Robb raised his hands. "Fine. I'm sorry. Anyway, wanna share what you're thinking about? I may or may not be able to help you, but at least you have someone to share your thoughts with. Go on. I'm listening.

Serafina sighed. "Nothing."

Robb moved his face closer to her. "Really?"

The young lady pushed him away before raising her hands. "Fine. Fine. I'll talk. Just please stop invading my personal space."

Serafina stared at Robb for several moments, her purple eyes scanning him intently. "Are you really serious about this?"

Robb raised an eyebrow. "This?"

The young lady gestured around her. "This!"

"I see. . ." Robb said with a faint smile.

"I. . . don't like you. Well, your behavior, to be exact. How would I know that you haven't flirted with somebody else before? What if, all of a sudden, some random woman just popped out of nowhere and attacked me because you're being way too clingy to me?" Serafina asked.

The young man stared at her for several seconds before bursting into hysterical laughter. "What the hell was that? Did you just seriously say that?!" he said while rolling on the grass.

Serafina just stared at him indignantly. "Want me to twist your left tibia?"

Robb straightened up. "Jeez. You're like a broken record. I've been saying this to you over and over again. I'm only like this to you. No one else. Stop being paranoid, okay? Well, I'm pretty famous here because of my unbelievably good looks, so some girls might give you sour stares, but I don't think anyone would actually attack you. Besides, I know that you can handle the pressure of my good looks. You don't have to worry about anything."

"Wow. The breeze is strong, isn't it?" Serafina snapped at him.

The young man just smiled. "Also, I'm really serious about us. Well, I don't want to say that I'm already in love with you because it's way too early for me to say that. Still, I want to know more about you. I want to be with you even longer. To be honest, at this rate, I think I'm going to fall for you really soon," he said.