Chapter 39: The Hunt for the Hearts

Please check out SueViriro's Mission #1: Exhibition. Maraming salamat din po sa dedic!

Sorry pala kung lately ang dami kong extra notes sa stories ko. Iniipon ko na kasi bago matapos ang 2nd arc. Ayoko kasing ma-interrupt masyado ang pagbabasa ninyo sa finale. Malapit na po talaga kasi ang ending, swear. Haha.

theashtone

※ ※ ※

"I think they have a point, Ike," RB said, speaking for the first time in a while. "Serafina isn't what she used to be. She killed Jack. She killed Professor Evanesca. She took away my heart. She took me away and tried to use me to fulfill her plans. She only looked at me as a weapon. She tried to use me against you. She may have cared for me a bit, but that's only because of the power I have."

"Of course there's a part of me hesitating to kill her," he added. "No matter how I reject her, she will always be my mother and I will always be her son. I can never change that fact. Still, I've seen and experienced firsthand how cruel and power-hungry she is. In fact, we've all experienced those things. The very fact that she hurt our friends and made them suffer are more than enough reasons for me to hate her. She is evil, Ike. You can't treat her for what she used to be."

"If I kill her, how different am I from the people who killed your father? How different am I from Iveroff?" I asked him.

"Serafina is now just like those people," Professor Elena said calmly. "She's no longer the same. She's after your power, your life. She's going to kill you without a second thought. Think about this: would you rather let Serafina live and allow her to enslave people and conquer the entire world or end her to save millions of lives?"

I didn't say a word.

Delphina headed back to her table. "Clearly, you are still conflicted. You have to think things through. Ponder with your thoughts for now. Also, those memories actually showed you how to defeat Serafina."

All the people inside the hut looked at the old Seer in surprise.

"What do you mean?" Ezekiel asked.

"When Serafina took Rubio's heart, she needed to find a place to hide it. Somewhere safe. Somewhere hidden. Somewhere important to her. Your heart is in place where no one would even think of searching. It's in a place that no one would even be able to reach through conventional means," Delphina said.

RB frowned. "The island?"

Delphina didn't say a word.

"But I thought the island was destroyed?" asked RB.

"No, it wasn't exactly destroyed. It sank. The whole island is perfectly preserved under the sea," Delphina replied.

"So that means RB's heart is somewhere on the island?" asked Ezekiel. "It's still like searching for a needle in a haystack!"

The old Seer smiled. "No. It's somewhere important to Serafina. The heart is in a place where she had a home, a family. It's in the place where her dreams began and ended."

"The house in their farm," RB said.

Delphina nodded. "Finding the island isn't going to be easy. It's somewhere down south. It's been two decades since the incident, so all traces of the tragedy had been erased. Still, the island exists somewhere. You just have to find it. Also, the heart isn't really something that you could easily get. It's sensible to think that Serafina put up powerful defenses around the house in order to protect the heart. After all, you two are both drawing magic from that same source. She might even get notified right away if you took the heart from its place. As always, you have to be quick and systematic in your mission."