Chapter 37: Broken Bond

Balak ko sana 'tong i-explain sa future stories under Weirdo Universe pero na-realize ko na super matatagalan pa bago lumitaw ulit ang technique na 'to (to be specific, sa final season pa ng Magians) kaya ipapaliwanag ko na 'to rito.

Everlasting Ice.

Obviously, this technique can only be mastered by Water or Ice Weirdos. This is probably one of the top-tier abilities that they can perform. From the name itself, Everlasting Ice doesn't melt. Moreover, it cannot be destroyed through normal, physical means. It's the ultimate cryogenic prison as it is considered as one of the strongest materials in the universe.

How do you summon it?

Everlasting Ice can only be produced if the Water or Ice Weirdo has a very powerful desire to protect someone important to him. Defensive technique 'to. This is also a blood-based technique, which means that blood is the main component of the ice. The caster sacrifices his own blood in order to protect someone from danger, thus the red color of the ice. This is one of those techniques that can only happen in emergency situations, but it can still be mastered through practice.

Jack's Everlasting Ice.

In the finale of WIII, Serafina threatened to blast everyone, but Jack used Everlasting Ice to encase himself and the villains in ice in order to contain the powerful explosion that should've killed everyone that Serafina wanted to kill. The caster CAN still survive even after the blood sacrifice, but it greatly weakens him. Unfortunately for Jack, he was pierced through the heart by Serafina's black spear that's why he died. She was also able to compromise the integrity of Jack's Everlasting Ice by contaminating it with her Dark Magic and then disintegrating it into dust.

If ever may ilang concepts akong ginamit sa stories at hindi ko pa napapaliwanag or nalilito pa rin kayo, tanong lang po kayo sa akin. Thanks.

theashtone

※ ※ ※

"Now that's intriguing," RB said as we all stared at the sphere of green smoke hovering above Ezekiel's pale hand.

"With Serafina committing her first, official crime, the NMLEA finally had a reason to hunt her down," the youngest Evanesca said. "Roman Iveroff immediately used the incident to put a hefty reward on Serafina's head. That bastard, wherever ring of hell he is right now, also used our sister to hunt down Serafina."

"Why didn't she refuse? Why did she let the people in the NMLEA boss her around?" I asked.

Professor Elena sighed. "She was still young, Ike. Besides, Iveroff threatened to invade the Purger camps. She couldn't afford to see the people here suffer and get hurt because of her. Our sister also agreed to hunt down Serafina because she believed that she would still be able to save her old friend."

"Unfortunately for both Serafina and Esmerelda, both of them were victims of a hateful conspiracy that ended their beautiful friendship," Delphina added. "Both of them were manipulated and used by people who only wanted glory and fame. The villains during the last war weren't on Serafina's group. . . they were on Esmerelda's side."

The orb of green smoke hovering over Ezekiel's hand suddenly exploded, enveloping all of us in the familiar beautiful and colorful puffs of smoke reminiscent of Professor Evanesca's memories. The smoke formed into a spacious hallway bustling with people. I immediately recognized the younger Professor Evanesca in her green suit and pants. On her either side were Carlo and Stella, RB's foster parents. The three appeared to be talking about something.

"My parents!" RB said with a smile, tugging my shirt and pointing at Professor Evanesca's friends.

"I know," I replied. "Do you think I don't know what they look like?"