Chapter 21: Decision

Lemme just share that, despite my usual delayed update, I was able to write these chapters WITHIN ONE WEEK AFTER I PUBLISHED MY PREVIOUS UPDATE. Meaning, this was probably the fastest update I've ever written since I started losing motivation to write. Lel. Be proud of me.

Share ko lang, mga timawa. Wala na akong achievements sa buhay, so let me celebrate this one. Woot. Woot. Woot. 🎇🎉🎊

theashtone

※ ※ ※

I woke up staring at a wooden ceiling. Thinking that I was back in the Mansion, I jolted up from the bed but abruptly stopped when a piercing pain suddenly course throughout my entire body. Moving more slowly, I scanned the entire room which, for some strange reason, had no windows whatsoever. I was lying on one of the beds lined neatly in the room. On the bed next to mine was RB, deep in sleep and looking a lot better. I looked down on myself and saw bandages in nearly every square inch of my body.

The only sources of light in the room were the beautiful orbs of light attached to the ceiling. I realized that I was most probably not in the Mansion, and I started to feel some worry and panic as I looked around me.

"Ike. . ." I heard RB whisper. I immediately sat beside him. "Where are we?" he asked.

"I. . . I don't know," I answered. "You shouldn't be moving. You're sick."

"That goes for you, too," a woman's voice said. The door of the room opened and in came a lady with pristine white hair. She's dressed in shabby and tattered clothes, giving her an unassuming aura of simplicity and gentleness. She smiled lightly at us as she carried a basket.

"Who are you? Where did you bring us?" I asked her.

"You are safe here," the lady replied. "I am Matilda Eliseo, a Healer. You two are in Camp Five, the fifth and most hidden Purger camp. I am the head of this place."

I frowned upon hearing her name. "Eliseo. . ."

"I am the youngest and only rose in the Eliseo siblings. Esmerelda might've mentioned me several times in the past that's why you're familiar with my name," the lady replied as she placed the contents of her basket on a table.

I looked at her and finally saw some similarities with her brothers Mario and Marcus.

"Be thankful that Ahren saw you this morning. You two looked in an extremely bad shape earlier," Matilda said.

"Who?"

A young man with a distant look on his face and silvery-grey hair that looks permanently blown back entered the room. Despite his gentle facial features, I had the feeling that he's the type of person who doesn't trust others easily. His most striking feature was probably the pair of huge white wings behind him that look exactly like an angel's wings. I realized a second later that he was the winged guy that I saw earlier before I lost my consciousness. He didn't even look at us and just proceeded towards the corner of the room where he stood like a statue.

"That is Ahren, he's a Morph Weirdo," Matilda said. "He's not really that sociable, so forgive him if he ignores you. He's always been like that ever since we rescued him."

I just nodded blankly.

"You should eat," she added before placing a tray of food on the bed. "You haven't eaten anything since yesterday."

I immediately picked up the tray of food before giving most of it to RB. Having eaten nothing all day, the two of us just ate ravenously for the next few minutes. Matilda busied herself on her bottles of potion to give us some time with the food. The winged weirdo also helped her.