Chapter 16: Potent Darkness

"Yvanna and the surveillance team just gave me a report. Serafina visited the PWRI and it seems that she's going to head towards Delphina's residence later on. It's nighttime, so there aren't any students in Emerald. This is the perfect opportunity for us to take RB back," Ezekiel said to the three. All around them, people jostled and ran here and there.

"How on Earth did you even know that Serafina's going to visit Delphina? Don't tell me you also have satellites fixed on her hut?" Ike asked as they followed him into the house.

"I might've placed a surveillance camera on her hut when we went there last time," Ezekiel replied with a sly grin. "Yvanna and the others will be monitoring Serafina's every move. As of now, she's still inside PWRI and talking with the two senior scientists of the institute."

Faye stepped forward. "But what about the Orb? We're not yet confident enough in creating it! What if everything goes wrong? Shouldn't we wait until we can execute the technique perfectly?"

"We don't know when we're going to have another opportunity like this. We have to take advantage of the situation right now. Besides, we've been preparing for months. There is no reason for us not to save RB tonight. I have a huge trust in our Healers. Also, Ike's core is contaminated with Serafina's magic. We need to attack the school while she's not there or she might just control Ike like what she's doing to RB right now. We have to be fast, but we also have to be careful," the youngest Evanesca replied.

For the past several weeks, the entire Mansion and the Purgers have been on full alert. Due to the fact that there was no definite date on saving RB, the people had to be always ready whenever the opportunity presents itself. Weapons were stored in a single room, and the suits were always ready to be worn at any given time.

Ezekiel estimated that they probably have a little over three hours to try and save RB. When some of the people pointed out that Jaeron could just teleport Serafina back to Emerald instantly, Ezekiel explained that only a very few people know about the existence of Delphina, and Jaeron was most probably not one of them. Serafina might have a huge trust with her right hand, but that doesn't mean that Jaeron knows her every secret.

Despite their sudden move to save RB, the outline of their plan had been completed (and drilled into the brains of their members) a long time ago: The students, with the assistance of several agents, will face RB and lure him into the trap of the Healers where they will enclose him inside the Orb. While all of this is happening, the more powerful members of the group will face the villains. Once RB falls into the trap and the Healers were already enclosing him inside the Orb, Ezekiel will use his telekinesis to erect a barrier around the Healers in order to protect them from any attacks. The rest of the group will also be defending the Healers until they finally complete the containment orb.

Ezekiel also trained with the Healers so as to find out the distance by which they can erect a barrier without contaminating the Orb and compromising its strength. It seems that they've already established the proper distance needed to keep the Orb free from any other kind of magic.

Fusion isn't one of their options. Even the seniors didn't consider it. Ike is already powerful enough to take control of his fusion with RB, but they don't want to take any chances. Besides, the latter is now in full control of the Prime Destruction. Who knows what RB might do if Ike fuses with him. It's just too risky.