Special #1

[ Don't Eat Weird Magical Mushrooms ]

[ Takes place before the attack on the Royal Capital ]

They really should have expected this happening at some point.

Then again, they never really thought of the consequences of Charmy's experimental dishes.

The Black Bulls were sprawled across the lounge in their own states of disarray as they groaned in dismay and stress of their situation. Their breath hitched as the sound of rattling reached their ears. Straightening, each mage surveyed the area warily for source of the sound.

Their attention soon snapped to Finral as he squealed, nearly falling off the couch as his eyes met with large doe-like ones.

"Eeek! H-How- W-Wha— When did you get there?!" He yelped, clutching his chest as he stared frozen in the most ridiculous pose as if protecting himself from the threat that was the tiny little thing sitting most innocently beside him.

The squad could only watch warily as cyan eyes stared up at them. They slumped when all they got was a beaming smile and a shake of a rattle from their now chibi-sized vice-captain.

How did this happen?

Well, let's take this back a few hours, shall we?

"Everyone! Breakfast is ready!" Charmy called in a sing-song quality as she and her sheep carried trays of food to the dining hall.

The Black Bulls gave their cheers of appreciation, seeing the various meals. Grasping their utensils, each grabbed portions of their favourite dishes and some they have yet to try. They knew it would all be delicious in the end anyway.

Having a rare day with not many papers to be done, Delphia stretched happily as she grabbed her own dishes. She blinked, raising a brow as she found a pasta dish she was unfamiliar with. Taking the plate, she sniffed it, brows furrowing at the ingredients' sweet and savoury scent.

"Charmy, what is this?" She wondered.

The shorter woman gulped down the food she had stuffed in her mouth and tilted her head. She brightened at the dish.

"Oh! It's a new pasta dish! I found a new ingredient and thought I'd make something! Try it, try it!" She cheered.

Delphia hummed in thought. It didn't look dangerous, rather appetizing, in fact. Plus, it was pasta~ her favourite! Since it was a rather small dish, the violet-haired woman thought her squad wouldn't mind if she ate this one plate for herself. With the buffet of food, they surely wouldn't miss it.

Taking a bite, her eyes widened minutely as the savoury flavour exploded across her tongue. She moaned in appreciation as she took another bite. Finral watched her, flushed from the rather... obscene audio Delphia was providing as she ate. But he couldn't help the fond affection from growing as he chuckled at how her eyes were practically sparkling as she devoured the pasta.