Chapter 31

The school had some things to say especially when I asked them to no longer contact my mother. Of course Mr. Jacks had to talk to them and explain some things that changed the tune they were singing pretty quickly. Having signed some forms and made plans for my school work, making sure to contact my teachers once a day to get a recording of the class. It's not going to be fun to do, or even deal with. I mainly just want to get this mess over with. I don't want to have to think about everything that's going to happen.

I don't think I'm ready to face my biggest fear, I don't think I'm ready to fight him. Walking back out to the car I feel eyes on me, and I can only shake my head, I'm not acknowledging them. I can't at this point, seeing the pictures of prom I have to wince. I'm hoping to catch a flight Friday night, and be back in time to not ruin Ryker's prom in the very least. Because let's face it, at this point I'm not really in the mood to go to prom. For some reason I just don't see myself being in the mood for the party.

Getting into Sandy's car, I heave a sigh holding packets of work and homework that I'll need to have finished by Saturday. Since prom is at the school, the principal said I could just drop off my work at the office once I arrived for the part. "I'll drop you off at your house. I think it's best you have a talk with Ryker alone." Sandy says and I nod slowly. I don't want to have this conversation, not that I really know what I'm going to be saying to him at this point.

"Yeah, that's probably the smartest." Resting my arm against the door I place my head in my hand, letting silence coat the interior of the car. Neither of us can really find anything to say to one another. At this point I don't know what to say to myself. Sandy pulls up to my house, and stops looking at me.

"Alright, well I'll see you at home tonight." I nod and get out, walking up the steps to my house before stepping inside. I just want this night to be over with and relatively soon if that's at all possible. Unlocking the door I walk inside, heaving a sigh. I really hate this house, and this supposed new start it was supposed to mean. The only good thing that came out of it was Ryker and Blake. Everything else has just been a headache and a heartache. I feel tears well up in my eyes again, I hate myself and my stupidity.

Shaking my head I force myself out of my thoughts, I really can't be contemplating that right now. Setting down the paperwork on the counter I head upstairs. I need to pack clothes for the trip. What's going to happen when I come back? What do I do when I come back? I don't think I can come back here, I don't think I should come back to this house. Feeling my frustrations build I head upstairs, I need to at least pack everything that belongs to me. I can just rent a storage shed. When I come back I'll need to find a place to live. I can't continue to scrounge off of Ryker's family, it just isn't right.

Pulling out my suitcase, I start packing up enough for the trip. The trip is all I can worry about now. I have to stop as I see the tablet on my desk, pausing as I search for plane tickets. I need to do this, now more than ever. Finding one for early tomorrow morning, I purchased it. The five hour flight will suck, I don't doubt I'll be stuck in my head the whole time. Feeling a weight settle on my shoulder, this has to be done. Shutting off the tablet I slip it into my suitcase, I'll need some kind of entertainment.

Hearing a knock downstairs has me leaving my room as the front door is opened. "Babe? What's going on? Mom just said to come here as soon as I could. Is everything alright?" Hearing Ryker's voice has me calming and tensing all in one go - I hate this.

"I'm upstairs." I reply simply, heading back to my room to continue packing my bags. Grabbing outfits from my closet I fold them and stuff it into the bag.

"Oh are you packing more things to stay at the house? I'm guessing your Mom was on the phone with you when I got in." I have to shake my head, swallowing harshly.