Chapter 7

"I would love to have you both here in the front. It'll be nice to have a fresh face running around keeping things exciting. Why don't I show you around?"

"That would be amazing, thank you for giving me the chance to work here." Looking around I realized that Ryker has since left the front area probably going to get to work. She shows me around the front office before walking me into the shop and pointing things out. Walking up to a car on a lift, a man standing by the side working on one of the tires. "Robert! Poke your head out and meet Raelynn."

"What?" I watch as he moves out from his place and looks towards his wife. "Oh, Raelynn, Ryker won't shut up about you." I just laugh at him, as he sticks his hand out to shake mine. "I'd give you a hug but you're wearing white. Sorry about the black." Looking down at my hand, I can't help but laugh more, I waved him off.

"Dirt hasn't hurt me yet. Besides getting dirty is the best part of working." He grins and nods at me.

"It's a right of passage to leave wearing some dirt everyday." He gives me a wink and excuses himself to go back to what he was working on. Walking away I meet David. And wow he is interesting. I doubt that there is ever a dull moment in this shop and I can't wait to be a part of this.

"Look you already got a bit of dirt, you can leave saying that you did some work." I just laugh as he shakes my hand as well adding more grease and dirt, the black on my hand seeming to darken.

"I think you are gonna get along great with everyone here. You can wash up here." I thank Sandy as I wash my hands removing the blackness. While I don't mind dirt I don't want to get it on my cream sweater. Sandy shows me to Ryker's station and I watch with interest as he works on the truck in front of him. I've never been one really interested in the technical side of cars, but I suddenly get the urge to learn. I want to learn more about this side of cars.

Of course it could just be because the Ryker is a sexy alpha male who draws my attention. "What did my mom have to say?" He calls out to me and I walk over looking at what he's doing with some interest.

"First off I love your family, they are just amazing. And she said that Major and I could come in for our first day tomorrow. So I guess that means you are gonna be stuck with me." I flip my hair over my shoulder in a sassy manner earning a chuckle from him.

"I think I'll be able to put up with you." He winks at me, just like his father. I laugh shaking my head at him.

"Thanks for getting me the job by the way, I'd give you a hug, but as your father said. I'm in white. You can cash it in later. I gotta go take care of Major, I'll see you tomorrow though?"

"I'll cash in that hug don't you worry. Yeah I'll see you at school tomorrow." With a chuckle I head back towards the main office remembering something that makes me feel a bit devious. I hunt Sandy and pull out my wallet.

"Hey Sandy, I have a favor to ask you. Can you give this to your son? He decided that he needed to buy my lunch and I refuse to let him win." She looks at it and chuckles with a nod.

"I think I can do that dear, I'll see you tomorrow." I wave at her and get into my truck, I don't think that I've ever been happier. I not only have a fresh start with some pretty cool friends, but I also have a job, a great job that will let me bring my dog in. I don't think that today could've gone better. As I drive back to my house I think back on my relationship with my parents and shudder. I've never had anything close to a warm relationship with my parents. Nothing that would even compare to how Ryker's family made me feel.

They don't even know me, yet they've treated me better than my own family. How sad is that? By the time I pull into my driveway I feel my happy mode start to deflate. Thinking of my own parents always seems to strike dread within. The relationship with most of my family has always been on the rockier side. My relationship with my mother is probably one of the better ones I have. And yet even that is tragic on the best of days. She is rarely ever home, and when she is it's like I'm some kind of burden that gets in her way.