Chapter 10

Last night I had actually fallen asleep at a decent hour, but that only lasted a short while. My mother called me at one in the morning asking for me to pack another bag for her, I really don't understand why I needed to pack a bag at one in the freaking morning. After that I couldn't fall asleep, not until an hour before I got up at six. So today is going to be a fun day to work through. Putting my hair into a messy bun, I look at what I'm wearing now and sigh, I'm not even close to ready.

Finding my high wasted athletic olive green leggings, pulling my black over sized 'I support the troops, do you?' hoodie I hunt for my brown knee high boots. I don't know what it is about this outfit but it's super comfy. Attaching my army lanyard to my belt loop I walk downstairs with a yawn. "Come on Maj!" Calling up to Major I watch as the happy pup practically bounces down the stairs. He has way too much energy in the morning, especially this morning.

Putting on his harness and leash I head outside, to go on our walk. I feel like a zombie at this point, shuffling down the sidewalk probably looking like death is attempting to roll over me. My mind goes fairly blank as I watch Major move around finding his own path, he always likes to go for walks but he has to re-sniff everything. I'm not sure why, it's not like the tree changes everyday, I'm pretty sure there aren't any other owners who walk their dogs during this season.

At least it isn't something that I have seen, then again I'm probably just making an ass outta myself for assuming. Walking up my driveway I nearly walked into the tailgate of Ryker's truck, stepping around it I watched as he jogs up the steps and knocks at the door. I chuckle and release Major's leash watching as he runs up to him. Ryker turns around hearing the thundering paws move up the stairs. Major stands up jumping on Ryker making him sway a bit. Laughing at the scene the two make. Major is loving the petting Ryker is giving him.

"Sorry I'm running a bit late today. I just need to grab somethings, want to come inside?" Walking up past him opening up the door letting both Major and him inside. Ryker shuts the door as I crouch and pull off Major's harness and leash.

"What's this for? Planning a trip or something?" Looking over from where I am in the living room as I collect my backpack. I see the bag that my mom had insisted I pack late last night. Rolling my eyes at the thing I sigh out of frustrations.

"My mother wanted me to pack a bag for her business trip." Walking into the kitchen I pull my water bottle from the fridge.

"Where is your mother anyways? I don't think that I've seen her the whole time you've lived here?" That's a question I would like to know myself, for some reason, she refuses to actually tell me where her trips take her, I shrug.

"I don't know, every time I've asked I only get the same answer 'Don't worry about it. It's for work' She spends most of her time traveling places I guess." Shrugging once more I head back to the hallway seeing him nod slowly looking like he has more questions, I just chuckle and roll my eyes at him walking towards the door. "Bye Maj, we'll be back later to get you for work." The pathetic whine he gives me makes me feel awful as I ruffle his fur and kiss his muzzle.

"Come on Raelynn, let's get the show on the road." Throwing my own head back I do an imitation of Major and groan my displeasure.

"I am so not in the mood for school." Boisterous laughter falls from his lips as he tosses an arm around my shoulders guiding me outside allowing me to lock as we walk down the steps together.

"Who is ever in the mood for school?" I chuckle to that, that is true. He opens the door for me and I stare at his truck for a moment.

"Do you have a lift kit on your truck?" Lift kits are something Ryker has taught me about while I've spent time at the shop. Pulling myself up only seems to give me slight difficulty.