Chapter 4

The next day after an actual breakfast I once again find myself playing outside with Major. Throwing the ball, as entertainment for him seems to occupy him for a short while. He then decides that tag would be a better use of our outside playtime. Running after Major is fun, and then I tag his tail before running off. Mind you I spend more time being it than he does, bending over I clutch my knees I try and catch my breath. I shake my head as he pounces in front of me attempting to get me to play more. "No more Major, I don't have your energy. I swear you had caffeine this morning."

He responds by throwing himself down with a huff before rubbing the now crunchy snow all over his fur. "Aren't you being a little dramatic?" Chuckling I move away from him and up to the porch.

"Would you look at that? Little Miss Cali is out playing in the snow." I look over and chuckle seeing the duo standing by the fence peering over.

"And would you look at that? The natives are peering over watching the foreigner." I make a crack back at them earning their laughter. "What are you two up to?" I watch as they shrug resting their forearms on the fencing.

"Nothing to do really, wanna hangout?" I shrug and think about it. I mean why not, it's not like I'm going anything.

"Sure you guys can come over, I'm not hanging around outside any longer, my fingers are frozen."

"Can't take much of the cold huh?" I just smile with an eye roll.

"I'd like to see you two live out in Cali." Walking into my house I call Major, he trots in only looking a little disappointed. Kicking off my outside gear, I wander upstairs, changing into fleece lined leggings, and a fleece lined hoodie. Grabbing Major's towel I start heading downstairs, hearing a knock I call out that it's open. It's not likely that it's someone other than Blake and Ryker. To prove my point Ryker pushes the door open looking around before spotting me on the stairs. Major launches forward, with a slight growl.

Blake apparently is a little afraid of Major, I have to hold back a laugh as he jumps behind Ryker. "Major, Nein, Hier." He stops pretty close to them before standing there a moment. He turns to me with his head down a little disgruntled that he couldn't do his job as a guard dog. "Sorry about that, he's protective of his people." I finished making my way down the stairs greeting them, waving them inside and shutting the door.

"Does he bite?" I look at Blake and debate how much I want to mess with him.

"No, well if I tell him to, he will." I shrug watching the stutter in Blake's step as he eyes Major. Blake looks skeptical as Major licks his jaws after yawning.

"Dude, relax would you." Ryker chuckles slapping him on his back as he moves in front of him. I just like the fact that Ryker is not worried about Major. As a matter a fact he bends down to let Major sniff his hand, waiting for a moment before pushing his fur under it. He loves attention and the fact that he is getting extra just makes his day. Major approves standing and leaning against his leg begging for his attention. Walking past them into the living room I wait for Major to come to me so I can dry him off. I'm sure the wet dog smell is going to be coming through soon.

"What did you have plans for today?" Major walks over, and stands in front of me like he couldn't be more bothered by the fact that I'm drying him off in front of people. Running the towel over Major's fur I look at the pair who have made themselves at home on the couch.

"Well I didn't really have any. It's not like I know my way around the place, or anyone here. So I'm kinda stuck at home until I find friends." Moving away from Major I drop down into the large recliner, I swear it could fit two people comfortably. Most of the time it's just Major and I sharing, doesn't that just tell you how much of a loaner I am.