Ch. 19 - Digging Your Own Grave

After the movie they drive back to Hoseok's. Even if Yoongi and Hoseok wanted to do more together, it was getting late. The car drive back wasn't as energetic as before, not that it was a bad thing. Both boys were a bit sleepy after chilling and watching the movie. Calm music played from the radio, Hoseok humming to it peacefully.

"Do you have any plans for the future?" Yoongi suddenly asks him.

"The future?" Hoseok thinks to himself. "Well I did say is was interested in fashion, so maybe making my own clothing line."

"A clothing line?" Yoongi repeats, smiling softly. "I can see that."

"And what about you?" Hoseok asks. "What do you wanna do in the future?"

Hoseok gives Yoongi a worried look when he hears a deep sigh come out of his mouth.

"I don't know, honestly." Yoongi shakes his head. "My parents and I agreed that I should become a lawyer, but now I don't think I want to anymore."

"Well, what about piano?"

"Hmm?"

"Piano," Hoseok says in a clear tone. "You're really good, one of the best piano players I know. Plus, I've watched you play and you seem to be really into it. Like it's more than a hobby, it's a passion."

"A passion," Yoongi mourners to himself, and somehow those words sounded right coming out of his mouth. Because it was the truth. H really did have a passion for piano.

"But what kind of jobs are there for piano players?" Yoongi then asks.

Hoseok shrugs. "You can ask Google that. My sister wanted to become a piano teacher."

Saying that came out so naturally, which surprised Hoseok. When he speaks her name, he doesn't feel that hollow, empty feeling inside. Instead, he just feels loss.

"You have a sister?"

"Yeah." he says.

"Really?" Yoongi asks. "I didn't know, then again I don't ask about your family life."

"Yeah well, I only had one sister. Dawon." Hoseok smiles sadly.

"Dawon..." Yoongi thinks to himself.. "Could you show me a picture of her? After we pull up into your drive way?"

Hoseok nods, and it doesn't take too long for them to arrive at the house. He unlocks his phone, and searches for her picture in his photo gallery. He gulps before showing it to Yoongi, and he watches Yoongi's eyes widen like saucers.

"This is Dawon?" Yoongi asks.

And it finally clicks in Yoongi's brain. No wonder Hoseok looked familiar to him before, like he knew him from somewhere. He was Dawon's brother! And he looked exactly like her, just as a boy. Yoongi doesn't know how to feel. He missed Dawon so much since he was a kid, but it's been so long that he's forgotten about those feelings of wanting to meet her again. He's moved on with his life, living with his new passion for piano.

"Yeah," Hoseok nods. "She's..."

"I remember her!" Yoongi exclaims, interrupting Hoseok from finishing his sentence. "She's the one who taught me piano!"