The Long-Awaited Namkook Epilouge... (5/7)

"You saw Mr. Kim at the hospital!?"

"Yeah," Jungkook nodded back at Hoseok through the phone screen. "Right after I finished my hours I saw him at the parking lot when I was leaving to my car."

Jungkook never told Hoseok and the others about Namjoon. It wasn't like he had anything against him or anything. He just thought he talked enough about his stupid feelings, and the amount of hate he felt for himself back then.

He thought he talked too much about Namjoon to the point he was annoying his friends, but it wasn't his place to decide whether he was bothering others with his problems. Especially his friends who he talked nonstop about Namjoon to.

But his friends weren't like that at all. They were willing to listen to all his problems. To put aside whatever they were doing to advise Jungkook.

They were his friends after all.

So when Jungkook found himself laying in bed, staring up at the ceiling with many thoughts frolicking around in his head. That was when he realized it was time to vocalize his problems with the others, cause he needed help.

"What was he doing there?" Hoseok asks.

"He went there to visit his friend," Jungkook answers. "Did you know he's an English teacher now?"

"He's a teacher now, huh?" Hoseok nodded before chuckling at a memory that comes to mind. "You remember that one time he accidentally spilled coffee in Ms. Shon's room while she was out?"

"And he practically bowed down on his knees begging the class not to rat him out," Jungkook continued, remembering the very fond memory of a terrified Namjoon.

"I always saw him as someone so responsible and mature until that moment," Hoseok comments. "So then what happened next?"

"We just talked," he shrugs. "He gave me his number to catch up, and we met up today and ate lunch together."

"You guys had lunch together?" Hoseok asked. "Jungkook..."

"What?"

"Maybe this can be your chance," he tells him. "It's been two years, but he's still trying to put in the effort to get close to you."

"He just wants to catch up, Hoseok," Jungkook shakes his head. "Don't get my hopes up."

"I was just saying, Jungkook," Hoseok tells him. "You were so heartbroken after he left. At first you couldn't stop talking about what that last goodbye did to you, but even when you stopped talking about it, we all knew that the regret was still eating at you. I just don't want that to happen again."

Jungkook bit his lip hearing that. Especially being surrounded by his friends who all seemed to be in a relationship, it just made it more hard for him since he still missed Namjoon more than he could handle.

"I don't want to get my hopes up," Jungkook repeats. "Thinking that this can be my chance with him. I don't wanna give myself false hope."

"You two had something special," Hoseok mutters out. "He treated you differently than anyone else. Not because he was your tutor, and definitely not because you had the worst grades in the class. But because he truly cared about you, more than anyone else. You said it yourself Jungkook, you were his favorite student in the class. He even chose to say goodbye to you in private."

Jungkook listens to Hoseok's words, thinking and reflecting on Namjoon's actions.

In the background of the call, Jungkook could hear the sound of a lock being unlocked with a key.

"Oh," Hoseok gets up from his sitting position in bed. "Yoongi's back. I'll call you later, okay? And think about what I told you before."

"Okay," Jungkook nods. "Tell your husband I say bye."

Hoseok only gives him a playful eye roll. "Talk to you later."

When he hangs up, Jungkook's met with his reflection on the black screen.

"Could it be that I was just deluding myself?" he asks himself. "Or was I just belittling everything?"

"Jungkook, you freak! You actually enjoy these things?" Namjoon exasperates, surprised with the maniac laugh coming out of Jungkook as they exited the theater.

It's been a couple months since meeting again, and things have been great. They hung out more often then Jungkook and his friends, texted almost everyday, called once in a while (usually whenever one of them needed to rant and it became more convenient than texting).

Today was the first day Namjoon came over to Jungkook's apartment. After hearing the poor college student complain about his group members for the final project, Namjoon decided someone needed some relaxation time before his brain might literally explode.

"We only had a couple days left until the project is due, and they gave me nothing but crappy audio and notes," Jungkook complains. "How did they even graduate high school like that, what the hell?"

"It's still not too late to email your professor," Namjoon speaks. "I'm sure they'll cut you some slack after hearing your story."

"I did, but she hasn't responded yet," Jungkook groans out. "This would have been easier if I had just done the project myself. But no, this became a group project and those two did nothing but find ways to screw over everything. I swear if I get a low grade because."

"Do you want me to come over?" Namjoon asks. "Maybe we can go out and get your mind off things."

He hears Jungkook let out a relieved sigh, "Thank you."

And now here they were...

"You're the one who suggested we watched it," he laughs out. "If you didn't take scary things well, why'd you ask?"

"Because I remember the other day when you said you wanted to watch this movie later, so I thought bringing you out would make your feel better."

Jungkook's laughter died down, "You remember that?"

"Yeah," Namjoon's cheeks reddened. "I hope it worked because my soul left my body after watching that."

Jungkook stares at Namjoon for a while before smiling at him. "Yeah, it helped a lot. Thanks, Namjoon."

"Anything for you, Jungkook," the words slip out of his mouth.

Jungkook tries to ignore it though, blushing as he thought more about how well Namjoon listens. Not only that, but he's very observant.

He's got all the best qualities of a boyfriend- no, a husband.

Would he be this way with someone else? Jungkook asks himself. No, don't delude yourself. Namjoon's always been this way. That's just what makes him a great guy.