The Long-Awaited Namkook Epilouge... (3/7)

"Mr. Kim!"

Namjoon looked up from his book to the student who had called his name.

"I finished reading my part," she says.

"O-oh right!" Namjoon quickly regains focus with the lesson, scolding himself in his mind for not paying attention earlier. "Um, I'll finish off reading the rest of the chapter."

"Mr. Kim, you seem to be out of it," one of the students comment on his behavior.

He couldn't help but chuckle at himself with a slight blush on his cheeks, knowing very well why he's acting this way.

"I am, aren't I?" He smiles.

Truth is, he couldn't focus much on anything after meeting Jungkook again.

He's all grown up now. That was the first thought to come to mind after seeing him again.

He was now in his second year of college, earning his film degree. Namjoon wonders how his grades are doing even though he's probably doing well. The only thing he worries about is that if Jungkook's eating well. He just hopes he's not eating ramen every day instead of real meals.

Who's gonna tell him that he actually is eating ramen for breakfast and dinner? On special days he'll be treated to lunch by Jimin, so at least there's that.

The more he thinks about it, the more Namjoon realizes that Jungkook's not the only one who's all grown up now. He is too, being out of college and working his full-time job as an English teacher. They've both changed since high school, in good ways. Namjoon is living his dream job, and Jungkook found his passion.

"Did something good happen over the weekend?" they ask him.

Namjoon only smiles. "Actually, something good did happen."

"What?"

"Mm," he hums, looking out the window next to his desk. "It's a secret."

"Boring!" one of them groans out. "Come on, tell us. We won't tell anyone."

"You think I don't know that you 8th graders like to gossip?" Namjoon gives them a knowing look. "Now, where were we in the chapter..."

Knock! Knock!

Namjoon averts his eyes to Ms. Lee, who was standing at his door.

"Hey Mr. Kim, I'm heading out now," she tells him as she brings her hand down to her side. "What about you?"

"I wanna finish grading everything first," Namjoon answers. "I focus better here than at home."

"You new teachers really like to work hard, don't you?" she chuckles at him. "Well, the others and I are planning on going to the movie theater next Saturday, you in?"

"Can't," he gives her an apologetic look. "Already got plans."

"Well that sucks," she pouts out. "Maybe next time? I'll make sure to let you know."

"Yeah thanks," Namjoon gives her a smile. "Drive safe, okay?"

"You too- oh that's right, you don't drive," she smirks at him, leaving before Namjoon could come up with a snarky comeback.

He got the text a couple days ago, after meeting Jungkook again at the hospital.

Hey Namjoon, this is Jungkook.
So are you free next Saturday?

Jungkook's always been straightforward like that, it was adorable.

Hey Jungkook! And yeah, I'm free the whole day. What time works best for you?