4.4.1 Two's a company

Days flew.

Joss was at camp, getting to know his new school mates, seniors and the campus.

While Singto buried his head in labwork everyday, feeling excited about his new project.

They were both preoccupied with their own events but still texted a little for the next few days.

It rained again on Friday night.

The cooling weather reminded Singto of what happened a few nights ago.

*flash back*

Joss had stayed over at Singto's condo because of the storm. They were both fast and sound asleep after an emotionally exhuasting day.

It was in the middle of the night when the rain got heavier. Singto's eyelids were heavy. So were the thunder roars. They were loud and frightening. He was scared.

He had always been scared of thunders. When he was young, he would run into his parent's bed and throw himself between them and then snuggle close.

When he got older, he soundproofed his room. It worked most of the time. But there's nothing earplugs cant solve. Except it gets really uncomfortable.

That night was the first time in so many years that Singto is sleeping in a non-sound-proofed room during a thunderstorm.

In the midst of another thunder roar, when he actually yelped, he felt himself being pulled into an embrace. He felt safe and warm.

He was too tired to open his eyes. In a dreamy state, he seemed to hear a soft and gentle voice whispering to him "it's okie, sleep. I'm here".

He felt a palm rubbing him on the arm.

He allowed himself to be soothed by the embrace and drifted back into dreamland.

He vaguely remembered hugging the person back. But it could have been a dream.

When he opened his eyes again, it was already morning. He woke up just before the alarm rang. He was not hugging anyone, neither was anyone hugging him although DJ and him were in pretty close proximity.

Singto carefully picked himself up and quietly got out of the room to get ready for work. Joss was still asleep when Singto was all done and ready to leave. He didnt want to wake Joss up.

He left a note on the table.

"Thought you said you are a light sleeper? Glad you slept well. See you after the camp!"

*end of flashback*

Did he dream of the embrace? Did it really happen? It felt real, it felt good. He felt safe and most importantly, he wanted it to be real.

The timing could not be more perfect as Plustor's name appeared on his phone screen again.

"YES MOM. why are you calling me at this hour. On a Friday night. Arent you spending time with P Kan?"

"He's away in Prachinburi for work..... I miss himmmmmm" Plustor whines.

"Did you call just to show off your immense love?" Singto rolls his eyes.

"I called to ask you about your hunky chunky... has anything happened yet?"

"???"

"Dude. we have known each other for so long. You cant hide anything from me."

"What???"

"Okie i dont want to influence you or anything. But are you really really really really cock-sure that you are straight?"

"What are you talking about? I had girlfriends. Of course i am straight!"

"Guess what sir, i had girlfriends too. In high school. I had two."

"Okie. so that makes you bi..."

"Actually no. it was with them that i realized i am gay. Stop labelling! We arent canned food. Anyway i see the same pattern on you."

"What??"

They talked through the night. Singto came clean with Plustor, about his high school encounter with a senior. A guy whom he liked but ended up having a sexual relationship with. And how he was badly hurt by that first love. He hated himself. He was disgusted with himself. He dated girls as a way to be 'not disgusting' and convinced himself that, he is straight and he will marry a girl and have many children, just like what every 'normal' guy does. Only when he achieve that, will be stop being that disgusting high school boy that he was.

Plustor spent a long time encouraging Singto to let go of the past and accept himself for who he is.

Plustor's non judgemental and patient support gave Singto strength. It didnt take much work for Singto to admit to himself, he is gay. It was relieving. Like a heavy load off his heart. In fact, it made him very happy. This is another time he is very thankful to have a supportive and loving friend.

It seems too easy that the years of self-looth was pushed over by just an hour of talk with Plustor. It worked this quickly only because Singto himself had been wanting to confront himself.

He had subconsciously fallen for DJ and all he needed was that little push to accept himself. Plus his years of hanging out with Plustor and Jane had already made him feel more at ease with his sexuality once again.

Singto also told Plustor about how he feels towards DJ. How he feels very comfortable with DJ, how he feels the sexual tension between them and also about that thunderstorm night.

"Congratulations my friend, i think you are in love. And i do think he feels the same. Why dont you try dating him? Or just sleep with him once just to get rid of that sexual tension if it bothers you."

"Date him?" a gush of shyness rushes up Singto's veins.

"To be honest, i give it to him for being such a gentleman. He's been so respectful towards you. Can you imagine how many times you would have been devoured if he wasnt a gentleman? How does he do it. You've found a gem, my friend. So yes, he gets my approval. You may proceed to date him."

"But i dont know how. You know i was never the one making that first move even with the girls.."

The idea of taking that first step and actually dating DJ thrilled Singto. He has never been this excited about dating someone. In fact, he wished he could see DJ this very moment. But perhaps it's still too soon. He enjoyed the sexual tension and all the fingers-brushing moments. Maybe he would indulge in it a bit more before making an actual move.

Plustor suggested spending more time together, doing more stay-in activities and see where that leads to.

Step one done

Step one done. Singto smiles and looks forward to Sunday. But first of all, perhaps a haircut . They might have met many times, but this would be the first time they meet with Singto's new self-revelation. He wants to leave an even better impression.

Singto looks at the spare keycard to his condo. This keycard also allows access to the condo's gym and other facilities. DJ can come over to cook when he wants to.

Perhaps it will be a good excuse to have DJ coming up more often.

All his years of saved up romantic ideas are finally being withdrawn for use.