4.1.1 One Meal

Joss woke up early despite having a late night from gaming the night before. 

He went for a run around the neighbourhood and had a simple milk and cereal for breakfast. He took his time to shower, groomed himself, checked the mirror many times and picked his favourite combi - white t shirt and khakis berms. He wanted to look casual although he put on his most precious perfume, the one he uses only for special occasions. People had told him that scent made him extra alluring.

He did not know why he felt nervous. 

He kept reminding himself it is just a bro's hangout and nothing romantic will come out from it. He reminded himself that the person he is talking to will never see him as a romantic interest. 

He was so excited about meeting Jinx, that by the time he is all dressed up and ready to leave, it was only 10.30am. He only needed 40 minutes to get to the meeting point. So he decided to stop by the library and read a little to calm himself down. The last thing he wanted was to make a fool of himself by tripping, or spilling food, or even passing gas. He needed to relax. He needed a book to distract himself.

So he picked up a crime fiction, which definitely helped. He set the alarm to remind himself to leave the library. He wanted to be casual yet being late on a first 'hang out' is not on his bucket list.

Little did he know, just 2 kilometres away, someone else had just woke up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singto hit the snooze button for the second time and eventually woke up at 11am, which still leaves him with a good buffer of time to get ready.

He put on his white t shirt and blue jeans and gave his hoodie a pass. The weather in Singapore is humid and hot. He really didnt want to be sweating like a melting ice cream. At least not today.

He made sure the battery was in his camera and it was fully charged, made sure he had his memory card in. He had too often brought his camera out only to realize he didnt have the battery inside, battery was flat, or, if it was his film camera, there would be no film roll inside.
He completed his checklist and checked himself out one last time, making sure his eyebrows were neat and even and he headed out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They spotted each other right away as they both alighted from the same train. They looked at each other in surprise. Singto was the first to speak.

"Hey! We were in the same train! You are right, you are easy to spot."

"Hello Jinx.  Which station did you come from?" Joss was very attracted to Singto at first sight. He did not dare to look at Singto in the eyes.

They both walked towards the station map and Singto pointed to one of the stations.

"Here. My apartment is five minutes walk from here. I still have problems remembering station names."

Joss looked at the station Singto was pointing to and he laughed softly.