Chap 12

Sanskar's BMW stopped in front of his apartment. He looked at Swara whose eyes were closed. She was in a dizzy state.

"Dr. Bose! We have reached." Sanskar said looking at Swara. She opened up her eyes and nodded with a smile. For the first time in her life, she was taking help of her patient.

"Thanks a lot Mr. Maheshwari." Swara thanked Sanskar for the 18th time. Sanskar looked at her and chuckled a little. He supported Swara to come out of the car. She was in a really dizzy state.

"You okay, dr. Bose?" Sanskar said while holding her by her shoulders. Swara smiled amidst the excruciating pain she was feeling on her head. She couldn't manage her next step and was about to fall down had Sanskar not held her at the right time.

"I am troubling you a lot na." Swara said looking at Sanskar. Sanskar saw a light of truth and self respect in her eyes. Even in this condition, she wanted nobody to be bothered by her.

"Don't think all these things." Sanskar assured while giving her a gentle nod. Finally they reached inside apartment. Sanskar took Swara inside guest room. He made her lay down on the bed and covered her with comfortor.

"Mr. Maheshwari! You have done so much for me. I don't know how to repay everything." Swara folded her hands in front of sanskar. Her eyes were twinkling with tears of gratitude.

But her folded hands created an impulse inside Sanskar. He rushed towards her and held her both hands.
"No! No Dr. Bose! Never!" Sanskar said while pressing her palm lightly. The next moment Swara's eyes brimmed with tears. She wiped off them immediately.

"You are safe! Don't worry!"Sanskar assured her and patted her hair lightly. Swara nodded. But the fear of being murdered cannot be so easily forgotten.

"I will make sure that this Rajat, this bastard cannot act in another movie." A voice came from behind. It was Durga Prasad.

"Dad! You..." Sanskar stood up. Swara tried to stood up but Durga Prasad signed her, "keep laying down beta, you need rest."

Sanskar was confused. How come his dad got to know! "Sanskar beta!" Durga Prasad understood his confusion, "DGP called me. And then Laksh told me that Dr. Bose is here. So I just came to see her."

Sanskar was confused. There were only few instances when DP got time for Sanskar. But now, he came to see his friend. What a drastic change it was!

"Dr. Bose! How are you feeling now?" DP asked Swara. But got no reply from her. He then looked at her, her eyes were closed. She fell asleep due to medicines.

"She needs rest." Sanskar said and moved out of the room. DP followed him.

"Beta! It's good that you reached at the right time." DP said. Sanskar nodded. But he was still confused.

"I am your Dad beta! You can share your things with me. I am here always!" DP patted Sanskar's hair. But, to his surprise, Sanskar removed DP's hand.

"I wish, I just wish you had said these things a few years earlier dad!" Sanskar lowered his gaze. His heart was filled up with bitterness for his mom and dad.

"Beta...." Dp's eyes were filled with guilt. He knew how much Sanskar had sufferred. He knew how much he had bottled up. He knew how AP used to beat the little innocent Sanskar, but DP was never there to calm him down. He knew how much pressure did Sanskar had to perform good in studies, to ace dancing. All because AP wanted to be in limelight everywhere due to Sanskar. But DP was never there to ask Sanskar it's okay, it's okay to loose. DP was never there.

"Dad! You don't know how much, how much I ..." Sanskar couldn't say further. All he could do was a sigh. He sat on the couch with a thud.

"Beta... I am sorry! I failed as a father." DP looked at Sanskar who was crying inconsolably.