Chap 26

Sanskar felt a soft touch on his palm. He grabbed whatever was touching his palm. He felt soft fingers. He intermingled them in between his and turned to his side. His eyes suddenly opened.

He saw Swara with her eyes closed leaning over the wall next to him. She was sitting on a stool with her palm over his.

What he felt was a mixed emotion. She was near him, she genuinely cared for him, her love was unadulterated, these thoughts made him happy.

On the other hand, looking at the dark circles beneath her eyes, tiredness on her face, remembering what she had gone through, what words did he say to her, made his heart ache.

He then saw DP sleeping on the couch. His old father was sleeping on the couch just to be with him. He was a heart patient, a diabetic, but he chose to stay with him.

Suddenly, the gate opened. He saw Laksh entering.

Laksh had done 2 consecutive night duties. But he chose to do third one too, three consecutive sleepless nights just to look after his brother.

Everyone had a choice, but they chose to stay with him.

Sanskar's heart melted watching this. He closed his eyes seeing Laksh, for a reason that even he didn't know.

Laksh came closer to him and patted his forehead. He then went near Swara.

"Swara!" He called her name.

Swara woke up and replied, "hmm!"

"Go home and take rest. You are not in a good state." Laksh tried to explain her.

"Same applies to you too." Swara said, "And it's good that I am here. At least uncle is getting rest."

"You think about everyone." Laksh forwarded a cup of coffee to her, "But not of yourself."

"I do think about myself where it's important. But taking care of loved ones is more important than anything." Swara took a sip of coffee.

"When did Maheshwaris become so important to you?" Laksh chuckled.

"When did I become so important to Maheshwaris?" Swara's cross question made laksh speechless.

"You did so much for us. You taught bhaiya how to smile. You made him realise the love we had for him. You gave him strength." Laksh said, "and most important, you gave him what he ever wanted, love."

Swara blushed a little hearing this.

"You love him. He loves you. Confess sooner." Laksh smiled.

"For now, I just want him to get well soon. I was so afraid that even in the jail celler, my mind my heart was dwelling here only." Swara shivered a little remembering that time, "I just wanted to see him fine, at any cost."

"And he is fine now. But his hospital visit may be longer." Laksh informed, "He had really lost a lot of blood. So may be a week."

Swara's face got dull hearing this, "And I have to attend an important conference in Chicago. I am leaving tomorrow."

"Bhaiya will miss you." Laksh said.

"And I can't even say goodbye to him. I have to be at airport by 7 in morning and it's already 4." Swara checked the time.

"Don't worry! I ll make sure that you can talk to him at least once a day." Laksh tried to comfort her.

"Please! And just convey him thing, I would not have gone if it was not so urgent." Swara was still sad.

Laksh nodded.

On the other hand, Sanskar felt a lump in his throat. Swara had to go. She had to leave him in such condition.