Ch. 12

Shengsi walks in the meeting hall accompanied by a girl who wore red and had the same veil covering them. Zhao Jieli gestured for them to have a seat.

"Is there something I can do for you, Jieli-gege?" Shengsi warily glanced at Huaisang. The eldest sighed "Huaisang told me...that you're still looking for some of the people involved in your parents murder. And Wen Qing told me about your side" she remained silent, not expecting her accomplices to throw her under the bus like that "Is that all? Then I should lea-"

"I have the information on those people right here" Jieli showed a small notebook "...but revenge would get you nothing if the mastermind is already dead" he emphasized "Most of these people you're hunting down have families"

Shengsi let out a humorless laugh "Well you see I had a family, even if my existence was never revealed to the people outside the palace. The people here in Yuezhou are like family to my parents!" slowly her voice got louder "DID THEY SHOW ANY SYMPATHY OR MERCY?!" she sighed

 "I can't believe the two of you would tell on me" Shengsi stood and backed away pointing at the two people she trusted with her plan "They're just worried about you. You know that they're doing this because they care" he reasoned'..that's..right..I promise to move on...but why? why am I still seeking this useless revenge' she gripped the cloth above her chest "Yue!" Wen Qing tried to run to her but Shengsi only stepped back 'There are people out there who got it worse than me...so who am I to feel privileged' she walks up to Jieli and grabbed the notebook but he didn't let go "Is this what you really want?" she smiled at him "If they don't have a family, they die. If they have one...I'll see" she forcefully took it.

As she was about to leave when Jieli spoke again "The cultivators in the world of mages..those reports you've sent me. I've done some investigation with Huaisang and we found out that there is a group that is trying or practicing demonic cultivation to wreak havoc there since mages have little to none experience with spiritual and resentful energies. They have people here and on the other side. Those cultivator there that try to stop them would be no match and get killed."

"Do you have any leads from those who are here? Because I've been tracking some of them on the other world" Jieli nods "There seems to be 10 or 12 people, equally divided. That's also why I called you now that you're here" Shengsi glanced at her bracelet Kenzhi that was on its last two bead of howlite "Where are they?"

"I'm not sure if this information should be concrete but thru investigating, they'll be having a meeting at one of the mountains in Yiling by midnight" Shengsi smirked "That's all I needed to know" Huaisang and Wen Qing grabbe her "There are 6 of them, it'll be too dangerous" Huaisang panicked "And your on your last two howlite-"

"The less, the better" she shrugs "I'll come with you, just for precaution" Wen Qing said "Then I'll go too" Huaisang volunteered as he shows the fan gifted to him.

Jieli shook his head "I'll call in Young Master Wei and Hanguang-jun to help you"

"..I don't want them to see me when Kenzhi is off and I want to perfect it first until it won't change my appearance. I've been training for years, I would be able to handle myself" She puts an around on the two "These two still owns me for telling you my plans but it's nice to have someone if something ever happens" the three bowed 

Jieli halts them once again "I've invited Master Lan and Zewu-jun for breakfast....it's time to tell them or atleast people of the great five sector" Shengsi had a small smile "Maybe it is"

>>

Turn out the information was not wrong but it took them time to actually find a hidden small cave camouflaging behind the tall grasses and bush. They concealed their presence and stealthily hid and listened in their conversation.