Ch. 09

"This place is wonderful! I've always thought of what it's like to be in a place like this after watching so many wuxia and xianxia films" He Yu beamed and gestured to her newly bought hanfu "Now look at me wearing traditional clothing in this world" Xiaohou nods as he would often point at something and ask questions.

"They're completely engrossed by this, aren't they?" Shengsi mused trying to distract herself from the feeling of lightheadedness "Well it's not everyday that we can travel to another world" Mo Fan sounded like he contradicted himself a bit since he is from another world. They kept on walking to the direction of Lanling as Shengsi let them admire the stalls and what not.

Mo Fan stopped at a stall that had various accessories "These are handmade with fine materials, the process of making them is passed through the generation of my family" the lady infromed "I assure you that the quality is great" Mo Fan shook his head "I was just looking" Shengsi walks up to them "This one looks pretty" she picked up a silver hair stick that had few beads with a silver butterfly dangling from it.

"You're partner have a good eye, this was recently made by my grandmother" Mo Fan looked like he wanted to buy it but didn't know how their currency worked.

Xiaohou walked behind Shengsi and whispered to her ear "I want to buy that hair clip for He Yu, please. I'll pay you when we get back to our world" She smiled under the mask that covered half of her face and nodded passing him a certain amount of money.

"We'll take it, please wrap it nicely" she handed the item and money to the lady

"I'll take this" Xiaohou showed the lady a simple hairpin and paid for it.

The lady then handed the neatly wrapped item to Shengsi "Give this to Xinxia as a present" handing it to Mo Fan as she attempt to walk ahead yet she staggered "I think we should rest somewhere for a bit" Mo Fan suggested as he put his arm around her.

Meanwhile Xiaohou approached He Yu and put the flower clip on her "There, it's as cute as you so I bought it" this made her blush but managed to stutter out a thank you.

"I-I think we should check up on Si-jie" she pointed at the girl who was being supported by Mo Fan and both rushed to her side "Hey, what's wrong?" Xiaohou took the things they were carrying.

"It's nothing, we just need to take a seat" Shengsi forced herself to stand straight then walk but ended up stumbling before her body finally gave up and she fainted.

"Shengsi!" Mo Fan managed to catch her making himself take the impact.

"Fan-ge, what are we going to do?" Xiaohou was obviously panicking "We don't know where Mr. Nie is. How can we ask for help?" He Yu was already in the verge of tears "It's okay, we just need to find an Inn and a doctor" Mo Fan assured them when suddenly a boy who wore white robes and forehead ribbon approached them, he looked just a few years younger than them.

"What happened here? Come let's get out of the walkway so we can tend to her" Mo Fan gently carried her on his back as they follow the boy feeling that they could trust him.

They ended up on a few steps just outside of an alley where two men stood; one was also wearing white robes and had a frozen expression, and the other one was wearing black robes "We apologize for bothering you but we're unfamiliar with this place and our friend lost consciousness" Mo Fan stated as the three of them bowed.

"Eh? Are you guys from Yuezhou?" the man in black asked. Hearing this, the three came to a silent agreement and nod while Mo Fan still took the lead "We're traveling with her since we are not familiar with this place"

"How about you guys get a room and stay there until she wakes up" another young boy who wore white suggested.

"That was our initial plan, we just wanted to ask if you knew any doctor that could check on her condition" not knowing what urge pushed the man in black, he smiled at the three "One room is enough, let us accompany you for the time being" he scanned over the mysterious girl on Mo Fan's back "Have she been practicing Inedia? She seems to also be fatigued" The man in white started walking but before they could reach the Inn, they heard a groan.