Ch. 05

Mo Fan stood in front of the Hunters' Hall, analyzing it before heading inside. He looked up at the large screen displaying tasks and their rewards. Two men were picking which one they should take but would complaining at the difficulty or amount of enemy.

"Ey, then how about we team up for the one in the northern valley?" a brunette girl -that had half of her face covered- offered. She was accompanied by a girl who was wearing a hoodie and a mask

 She was accompanied by a girl who was wearing a hoodie and a mask

(A/N: That's the mask😅. Ayato's two piece black bunny mask)

"You think it's that easy? I don't want to be killed by one-eyed wolves but your welcome to do so if you want"

"Shh, don't you know who they are?! They're the one of the reputable hunting duo, Jiang Si and Zhao Yue"

"I told you not to ask them, but you had to be all friendly. Let's keep the bounty to ourselves" Yue said

"Eh why not try out for the City Hunter Team. An Elite like you would really fit in" the guy tries to flatter them.

Mo Fan eavesdropping at the conversation walked up to them "Is the CHT recruiting new members?" he asked "Yeah, can't you see the long queue over there" the guy pointed at the obviously long line.

"So many people"

"You gonna give it a go? Don't waste your time. You should be thankful if there's even a hunter team who's willing to accept you" he then looks at the ladies "Come to think of it, why haven't you just formed a hunter team"

"It's too much work" was Yue's curt respond

"Hey kid, what's your element?" Jiang Si asked

"Does that matter?" the guy laughed "Of course it does, fire elements are popular pick of hunter teams"

Yue caught a glimpse of Mo Fan's loach "Then what about lightning element?" her eyes darted at him 'Mo Fan?' the man snorted "That element only comes 1 out of 1000. Who wouldn't jump on that?" Mo Fan started walking to the line.

"I don't feel like doing any task today, go home" Yue followed Mo Fan and Wei Si didn't have a say.

"Mo Fan" Yue lightly bumped his shoulder "A-Ah Sister Yue, how do you know me?" he was then dragged to a dark and empty corridor "It's me, Zhao Shengsi" she briefly seperated her mask and his eyes widened "But still! How did you know it was me?!"

"Your eyes, loach, and element, oh also your head on approach"

"Are you going to audition as well? And what's with the name and get up?"

"I could ask you the same thing, what a lousy disguise but no, I'm not auditioning as you've already heard Siyun and I are hunting duo"

"Hey!"