T R E N T A D U E

▪︎ ᴍᴀʏ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴀɪɴ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ ▪︎

I looked in slow motion as an explosion happens in front of my eyes

I looked in slow motion as an explosion happens in front of my eyes. The fire broke through a hallway that Sarah went just a moment ago caring force that blew the whole table upside down.

I jumped from my seat and turned around trying as much as I can shield Emiliano and Antea with my body. We fell on the floor to the left as glass flew over us along with pieces of furniture and walls.

I couldn't hear anything for few seconds after the explosion, but then all I could hear was screaming.

I looked down at crying Emiliano in my arms checking for any injuries. Thanks to his little body I succeed to cover him with my body fast enough so he didn't have any injuries. But I could see that explosion scared him more than anything. He was shivering and shaking while wailing his little heart out.

I clutched him closer to my chest while letting my eyes fall on shaking Antea laying on the floor next to us. She had her eyes tightly closed while her face was pushed in my chest.

One of her hands was under Emiliano's head when we fell on the floor while another one was covering the right side of my face of any flying pieces.

I slowly pulled her hand from my face to examine it. It was scratched along with her other hand which she must press on the broken glass on the floor. I slowly pulled her head from my chest so I could examine her face. She pulled her head from my chest and had blood dripping down her chin.

She looked at me with glassy eyes observing my face for any injuries then she looked at the crying baby in my arms.
"Are you okay?" She asked running her eyes once again over me and I nodded.

"Yeah, you?" I said and she nodded then slowly rose on her knees taking Emiliano from me and looking around her gasping.

I followed after her a little slower because of the pain in my back. When I looked around my heart stopped.

The dining room was completely trashed. All windows were shattered to pieces along with the furniture. The hallway that once was leading to this part of the house no longer existed.

Looking around I spotted Dante's body which was looming over crying Bella looking for any injuries. Marino was in the corner slowly rising from the floor along with Moreno on other side of the room. Turning my head to the far left I see Pamela also rising from the floor.

I slowly got up from the floor and turned towards my father who was closest to the explosion. My breath hitched as I looked at his unmoving laying body in a pool of blood along with my mother kneeling at his side gently shaking his shoulders.

I stood frozen in the spot until my mother didn't let out a loud sob which made me snap back to reality. Quickly I ran towards her ignoring pain in my back and kneeled next to my father. There was so much blood oozing from his wounds.