D I C I A N N O V E

It's been a couple of days since that incident with Antea and those pictures

It's been a couple of days since that incident with Antea and those pictures. Since then I didn't let her out of my sight. She is constantly around me along with Emiliano.

Over those weeks I realized a couple of things as she really cares for Emiliano and in some weird way they have that mother-son connection.

She would always firstly think about other people's needs and wishes, then herself. And I also noticed that she would whenever she got scared or when she hears some noise, she would shield Emiliano not thinking about her safety. And I will admit that I admire and respect her because of that.

After Dante left to take Bella back to Italy that day I moved her and Emiliano into my room. I'm not gonna lie and say that I wasn't scared because I was.

Everyone has some fear. I was scared for their lives. I don't know how would I live if something happens to them.

Yeah, when I say them I mean on Emiliano and Antea. Over the past almost seven months that Antea is here, we got close. Like really close. Over that short time, she became part of the family.

When I first told her that she and Emiliano are going to be with me in my room I could see the hesitation on her face. But regardless that she agreed. I mean it's not like she had a choice. I already made up my mind.

Seeing that she wasn't comfortable sharing a bed with me, I slept on the couch in the room. But that didn't last long because already second night she started to protest about me sleeping on the couch and her sleeping on the bed. So since then we sleep together in bed and let me tell you I never slept better.

Right now we were sitting in the living room. I was reading some documents about alliances with some other mafias in case that Bogdanov chose to attack us when Antea's squeak pulled me into reality.

I lifted my head quickly looking at her to see what is wrong. She was sitting on the couch next to me and had Emiliano sitting in her lap sideways.

"Can you say that again for me?" She sweetly asked Emiliano while looking at him expectedly. I looked at them suddenly curious about what is happening and what did Emiliano say. He started to blabber even more over the past few days but he still didn't say any word correctly.

Emiliano leaned his head on Antea's chest and looked between her and me. He looked at Antea and she gave him big smile. Then he turned his full attention to me and with a toothless grin he whispers "Da-da."

My heart swelled on his first words. I quickly pulled him into my lap and kiss all over his little head "Mio bambino." I said as I looked at him with a huge smile of my own.
("My baby.")

Turning my head to the side to look at Antea only to find her already looking at us. When she realized that I'm looking at her, she blushed slightly and send me a smile.

"Can you say da-da again? " I asked Emiliano bringing my attention back to him.
"Da-da!" He squealed making me laugh at his loudness along with Antea.