Sunshine

The weekend came around and Eleiri spent the weekend at her dads home, she woke up early to workout and dance on the balcony. Her and her dad decided she would spend every other weekend at the house so they could spend time together. Ellie opened the sliding doors to greet the sunshine. She stuck in her earbuds and turned on her favorite song to dance to in the morning. She felt the music pulse through her as she started to dance and move around.

"Baby its a brand new day, ain't no cloud hanging over me. Something doesn't feel the same..." The song played as she started to feel the adrenaline pump through her. She brought out move after move, keeping in pace with the music.

"Good Morning. Good morning. The rest of my life gonna start today..."

All Might came down the steps, actually having a good nights rest in his bed for once. He spotted his daughter dancing on the balcony, he was interrupted by the coffee maker beeping and he walked to the kitchen to see why it made a noise. A fresh pot of coffee was there waiting for him. He smiled happily, what would he do without Eleiri? He poured himself a cup and headed to join his daughter on the balcony. He sat down at one of the tables outside and watched her.

Her back was to him as she kept dancing to the next song.
Eleiri's dancing was like watching a warrior fight. She meant every move with purpose and enthusiasm. Her stance was strong and confident and the smile she had never left her face. All Might took joy in seeing his daughter doing what made her happy.

He noticed that she had the same spunk when she took part in his classes, which only made him even more proud.
Ellie finally took a break and pulled out her headphones from her ears.

"Morning sunshine!"

"Ahhh!" Ellie whipped around to see her Dad looking surprised at her reaction. "Oh my God...how long have you been there?" She laid a hand to her chest to calm herself.
All Might laughed and shook his head.

"For about ten minutes."

Ellie turned red and looked troubled.

"What's the matter?"

"...I've never let anyone see me dance before..."

"Why not?" He asked getting up from his chair and approaching her.

"I don't know if I'm good or not..."

"Trust me, Ellie. You are. You've got alot of passion for it too."

"Yeah, its a big stress reliever."

"Don't be so insecure about it. You're much better than you think you are."

"Thanks."

"Oh yeah. Today were picking up your new cell phone today."

"Oh okay." Ellie wiped the sweat from her forehead.

All Might was reluctant to say what he was going to say next but found the courage anyway, "I also want to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what is it?" She asked.

"Ill allow you and Shoto to go out on a date...if that's what you two want."

"Really?!"

"On one condition."

"Oh boy here it comes." She grumbled.

"Just keep me posted on where you are at all times."

"Okay. That's fair. Shoto will keep me safe though Dad. Even you said when we met that you trust 1-A with your life."

"Just do it silly."

"Have you called Missy yet?" She asked, Getting the conversation off of her purposefully.

"Eleiri Kyra Yaga. Do not start this again." He said in a weak stern voice and walked back into the kitchen for another cup of joe. Ellie laughed and followed him.

"Just call her Dad."

All Might repressed his defensive emotions for her, he knew she meant well, "Ellie...no." He gently said. Ellie could see the seriousness and deep sadness in his eyes and she nodded, "Sorry."

"I love only your mother. I don't see anyone else who could replace her."

"Its okay. I just thought...it can be lonely for someone who takes care of everyone but doesn't have anyone to take care of them."

"Sweetie, I have you. You're all I need." All Might came and kissed his daughters forehead. "You make me coffee in the morning and we spend quality time together. That's how you take care of me. I don't need a lot."

"Yeah...but you know what I mean."

"Yes I do. I love that you want that for me. Its just not practical right now."

"I understand."

"Do you ever see yourself..."

"With anyone?" He thought a moment. "Let me put it this way, it would take a very good woman to win me."

Ellie nodded and knew what he meant. Of course no one could compare to her mother in his eyes but surely he could love again. Maybe it was easy for her to picture All Might with Missy when she never really knew Elina. She had no memory of her mom. Eleiri knew she existed but how could she know how precious she was to All Might?

"..Dad?"

"Yea?"

"Do you have any pictures of mom?"

"Of course I do. Would you like to see them?"

"I would."

He nodded and walked to the bookshelf to pull out a thick red photo album. He sat down on the couch and beckoned Eleiri to sit with him. "I don't know why I haven't shown you this before."

He cracked open the album and the first picture was of her mom, holding Eleiri in her arms. Her hair wasn't the length she remembered, it was short and was tied into little pigtails. Her hair was wispy and layered and caught the light of the sun beautifully.
Her eyes were like sparkling water and her complexion was smooth and complimented the expression of contentment in her face.
Ellie looked at the baby version of herself in the picture and started to cry.

All Might hugged her close and went to shut the book but Eleiri stopped him. She touched the photo and felt her mothers current from the picture. It was just like hers, gentle and sweet.

"I can understand why you loved her so much...she was like me."

"Yes she was." He looked at Ellies hand and smiled, "You've felt her current haven't you?"

Ellie looked at him frightened for a minute. She never told anyone about that, not even Missy. She thought it was weird and that people would look at her funny if she told everyone. The only person she told was Shoto but that was because she liked him alot.

"How do you-"

"I have that quirk, Ellie. You inherited it from me."