Date.

It was the weekend of the Ballet and Ellie laid on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. All Might told her to stay home, she didn't know why, he said to enjoy the weekend. How could she do that when her father was in the hospital. His wounds healed great though. The doctor said he would be walking and moving normally by the middle of the week. She felt useless not helping him out. What would he do all alone in that chilly room? A knock was heard at her door and she stood to open it, "Hey, Mina. Jiro. What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Uh, picking out your dress of course. Come on."
"Guys, I'm not going. Dad is still in the hospital."
"Oh you're going, trust us." Jiro smiled.
"What are you talking about?"
"No time to explain, let's go." Mina took her hand and the three of them left the dormitory. Ellie had no idea what was going on. They took her to a dress store not too far from school and handed her an armful of dresses to try on.
"We want to see you in them so come out when you're done."
"Okay." Ellie closed the dressing room stall and looked at the numerous dresses they had picked out for her. She still didn't know why they had dragged her out here even though All Might couldn't make it. She slipped on a dark blue dress that had a fluffy tulle skirt and silver sequins covering the torso and bodice, gradually getting less and less as it reached the skirt almost like a starry night sky. She came out and met Mina and Jiro, "I need help with the zipper." Mina came over and zipped her up and the two girls looked her over. "I live the dress I'm not sure the color is right though." Jiro said.
"Yeah, your skin is too tan for that color. Maybe a lighter colored dress." Mina unzipped her.
"Okay."
Ellie went back in and picked out a beautiful, off the shoulder dress that was lavender with embroidered flowers all down the dress. She tried it on and came out, "oh this one is beautiful, but I feel like it's not enough of a statement." Mina observed. Ellie tried not to laugh at their observations, they were only dresses. She let them do their thing, she trusted them enough.
Mina scanned the shop and saw it. There on a mannequin in the window was a white dress covered in holographic sequins, Mina quickly found the rack they were on and handed the dress to Ellie. "You're going to look like a shooting star in that." She said.
"Embrace the galaxy, Ellie." Jiro added. Ellie smiled and headed back into the dressing room one last time before she came out for them to see.
"That's the one." Jiro said feeling accomplished.
"Yes, how do you feel? Do you like it?" Mina asked.
"Yeah, I do." She looked at herself in the mirror and spun around in the dress. "It's perfect. Good job guys."
"You're welcome." Jiro looked down at her watch. "Uh, we're cutting it close. She needs to do her hair and makeup too. She won't be able to change. She'll have to wear it out of the store."
"Okay, let's hurry." Mina paid the cashier and they gathered their stuff to leave.
"I have a feeling if I ask what is going on, you won't answer."
"Correct, let this be a surprise." Jiro said trying not to smile.
They rode the bus back to the school, Ellie was receiving some adoring looks and stares from the people around her. Did they think she was a celebrity or something? She blushed and looked down, it was a nice feeling but it was also a strange one. Once they stepped off the bus, Ellie rushed to her room to finish her hair and makeup. Just about the time she was supposed to leave, she heard another knock on the door. She opened it to see Shoto in a slick black tux. Ellie wanted to faint to the floor, Shoto looked like he felt the same way.
"You look amazing." She said.
"So do you." Shoto have a silly smile, something he had never done. "You look beautiful." He blushed. Ellie felt the heat rise to her cheeks too.
"My dad set this up didn't he?" She asked.
"Yeah, he did. Do you have the tickets?"
"Yeah they're in my purse. Let's go."
Shoto and Ellie had to hail a taxi for the night and rode to the event.
"Do you like the Ballet?" She asked.
"I've never been to one, All Might said that you love to dance. You didn't tell me about that."
"Yeah I do, I like all dance. I got so happy when he told me he he and I were going."
"I just hope I'm good company even though I'm not your dad."
"You're already good company, Shoto...thanks for coming."
"Don't mention it."
They stepped out of the taxi and headed inside. There were paparazzi everywhere getting good shots of the heroes coming inside. Midnight and Outburst were there along with 13 and Endeavor. Shoto stopped dead in his tracks, "what's the matter?" Ellie asked.
"That's my dad. I don't want him to see me."
Ellie looked over at the tall, bulky man clothed in red flames as he strode on into the building. "Endeavor is your dad?"
"Yeah." Shoto looked at her with a sorry expression. "I'm hiding from him, not hiding you from him. Remember that, I'm proud to have you on my arm tonight." He said.
"I know. You don't have to explain yourself. We can go in when you're ready."
"Thank you." Once Endeavor was out of his sight they walked in, the bright lights of the cameras hitting the both of them. The flash of lights from their cameras reflected off of her dress, making her look like a bright star. Shoto smiled at her adoringly, she was breathtaking. They finally headed in and took their seats just before the show started. The Ballet was Swan Lake, a story of a woman captured and turned into a swan every night. Ellie looked over at Shoto and saw the concentrated look upon his face. He was actually trying to pay attention.Ellie smiled and sat back comfortably as she watched the mesmerizing dancers fly across the stage.
"Do you want to see your dad after this?" Shoto asked.
"Yeah. That would be great."
"I don't seem to understand this part, where did the ugly guy come from?" He said pointing to the large man on the side of the stage.
"That's the warlock that cursed the princess to be a swan only at night to keep her to himself, right now he's fighting the prince who wants to save her."
"Okay, I think I'm caught up now. It's a love conquers all story."
"Exactly."
"You know a lot about this, have you ever danced Ballet?"
"No, I think it is beautiful though."
"You'd make a great ballerina." He joked. Ellie tried not to laugh at his words, she didn't want to disturb the people around her.
"No, I think I'll stick with my own type of dancing. Ballet takes lots of skill."
Someone shushed them from behind and they silenced. Once the show was over, Shoto and Ellie stood from their seats Nd made their way out of the building.
"Son?" Endeavors voice was heard behind them. "I didn't know you were here." Shoto froze and refused to turn around. Ellie squeezed his hand to support him and he turned around and faced his father.
"Who is this?" He asked.
"Her name is Ellie." He replied.
"Is she your date?"
"No-"
"Because a hero doesn't have time to date, they're too much in harms way to take care of a woman."
"This is coming from a man who married a woman and drove her mad." Shoto clenched his fists. Ellie got in between them and tried to diffuse the situation.
"Well, Sir it was lovely to meet you. We have to be leaving." She then Turned to Shoto, "Hey, look at me." She whispered. He met her eyes and somehow his rage started to dissolve. "He's s not worth it. Let's go."
Shoto nodded and looked at his father, "Excuse me but me and my date have to be going." He said before they left,