54🚒

One month later

One month later...

Here we are back at Dr. Kent's office to see what we are having. I'm so nervous but really it don't matter either way.

Remi is smiling holding my hand looking nervous. "You ok babe?" I ask her.

"Yeah just nervous I guess and excited." She smiles.

Dr. Kent walks into the room. "So today is the day. Let's hope this baby is cooperating and we can see what it is." He smiles.

"We are ready doc." I laugh.

Remi lifts up her shirt and Dr. Kent squirts the gel on. "Ok folks let me get some measurements and then see." He said checking things on the screen.

I'm holding my breath and Remi is squeezing my hand while we wait.

"Alright do you guys want to know or put it in an envelope for a party or what?" Dr. Kent asks.

"We want to know. "Remi giggles."

"Yeah, doc lay it on us." I smile.

"Well, Gray I suggest you start buying lots of pink." He smirks.

"Oh my god, its a girl!" Remi laughs.

"A girl... Wow, I'm speechless for once in my life." I laugh and lean down kissing Remi's cheek.

"Here are your pictures so let's see you back here in a month." Dr. Kent said following us out of the room.

We schedule an appointment for next month head out the door. "So how are we going to tell Violet and everyone else?" I ask.

"I think we can make a single pink cupcake and then break the news to her. Maybe give her a balloon with confetti in it or something. Make her feel apart of it." Remi said.

"You have so thought about this haven't, you babe?" I laugh.

"I have and I love that kid so I think it should be special and I want her to feel special." She said.

"Well let's stop off and get a confetti-filled balloon and I will help you to make the cupcake," I said.

We pull up at a confetti place and we go in and Remi picks out the one she wants. We head home to work on the cupcake because Remi wants to tell everyone soon.

Before we work on the cupcake I help her redress her wound and then we get started. It isn't long before we have the cupcake made.

"Will you walk next door and get Violet and Levi babe?" She asked.

"Sure I can do that." I smile grabbing my shoes and walking out the door. A few minutes later we are back and my brother and Violet are following behind.

"Aunt Remi! What are we doing over here?" Violet asked.

Remi grabs her hand and takes her over to the kitchen table. "I have a surprise for you. But I need to talk to you first ok?"

Levi and I sit down at the table as well and watch Remi.

"So Uncle Gray and I are having a baby and we wanted to include you in finding out what the baby is," Remi said.

"A baby? Like a little baby, I can cuddle?" Violet asks.

"Yup your baby cousin and today we found out what the baby is and we want to share that with you," Remi said

"Yeah, muffin we have a balloon for you to pop outside ok? But we are waiting for grandpa and Diane to get here first. But we want you to know what the baby is first but you cant tell ok?" I smile at her.

"I can keep a secret Uncle Gray. Now tell me." She giggles.

Remi brings the cupcake over and sits it in front of Violet. "Ok Violet I want you to cut into it and you will see the color inside. Pink is a girl and blue is a boy."

"Oh boy, I'm excited! I hope its a girl." She takes the fork and cuts inside of it and screams when she sees the pink.

"Oh gosh, its a girl!" Violet screams again.

"So that will be your cousin, Violet, and my niece," Levi said.

"When can we tell Grandpa?" Violet asks.

"As soon as they get here which should be any minute so let's head out with he balloon then," I said.

As soon as we walk outside Dad and Diane pull up smiling. "Grandpa hurry we need to find out what the baby is." Violet shrieks.

"Oh boy someone can't wait huh?" Davis laughed.

"I'm ready." Diane laughed.

Remi got her parents on the facetime and handed it to Levi.

We all gathered down in the sand and I held the balloon up and told Violet to poke right there with Remi's help of course.

Violet pops the balloon and pink confetti falls everywhere.

I could hear Diane screaming but also Remi's parents were jumping up and down.

Remi is smiling and I walk over and wrap my arms around her and kiss her lips. "I love you, babe."

"I love you too and I'm so excited for a little girl." She smiles at me.

"Do we have a name yet? Dad asked us.

"Not yet but we will be working on that," I said.

Levi and Violet cleaned up the confetti and the rest of us went inside.

"Let's order some pizza and make a day of it how about it guys?" Dad asked.

"Sounds good to me." Remi smiled.

"You heard her. Let's order some pizza to celebrate." I said picking up my phone to order.

Violet walked over to the couch and got in Remi's lap and wrapped her arms around her neck telling her she loved her. It really warms my heart. Levi was watching them too.

I walked over to him. "You know what fuck Courtney! She's missing out on this child's life and you have a woman right there that loves that kid with all of her heart and did all this today just for her because she didn't want her to feel left out."

Levi looks at me with tears in his eyes not able to say anything but he put his hand over his heart and I know what he couldn't say.