12🍪

We pull up at the fire station and I park on the side where Gray said to

We pull up at the fire station and I park on the side where Gray said to. I get out and walk around and open Violet's door.

"Can you carry the cupcakes for me, Violet?" I ask.

"Of course I can." She smiles.

I pull the cupcakes out of the back seat and hand the carrier to Violet and then pick up the huge calzone.

"Let's go in the door ok? You go in first." I said to Violet pushing the door open and as soon as we walk in Gray gets up to meet us smiling.

"Hey there!" I smile at him.

"Hey, you two what have you brought?" Gray asks.

"Uncle Gray we brought you some cupcakes! and of course, Remi has the calzone. But I helped put the icing on." Violet smiles.

"You did? I think Pete and I want to be taste testers." He chuckles.

"Remi I want you to meet Pete. You met his wife this morning." Gray said.

"Oh yeah! Nice to meet you, Pete. I made the calzone pretty big if you can get Gray to share with you." I laugh.

"Nice to meet you Remi and thank you I'm sure he will share with me," Pete said.

An older gentleman walks out of an office and smiles. "Is that Violet?" He smiles.

"This is me." She giggles.

"Remi this is Chief umm Ted." Gray laughs.

"Nice to meet you Remi! What brings you guys by?" He asks.

"Some cupcakes and food." Violet smiles.

"Sounds good! Save me a cupcake I'll be right back." Chief said and walks off.

"You guys sit down and stay awhile," Gray said unwrapping his calzone.

"Holy crap that's huge." Pete laughs.

"Well, I thought he may want to share." I laugh.

"Remi can bake everything! She's the best." Violet said hoping on my lap.

A younger guy walks through with a smirk on his face. "Well, who do we have here." He smiles and winks at me.

"Not now Brett. This is my niece Violet and Remi." Gray said.

I recognize the name right away and wink at Gray letting him know I already caught on then I look over at Pete and smirk.

Brett sits down beside me but thankfully Violet is on my lap. "So what brought you, girls, down here?" Brett asked.

"To bring Uncle Gray some food duh!" Violet said.

I can't help but laugh. "Yeah what she said."

"So Remi I've never seen you before. Are you new to the area?" Brett asks.

"Yep, I am," I said never looking at him just focusing on Gray.

"Are you seeing anyone maybe we could go out to dinner or something," Brett said.

"Actually I'm seeing someone," I said clearing my throat.

Violet turned around and looked at him all mean. "She likes Uncle Gray and he likes her."

Gray winks over at us and chuckles. "I guess Violet summed that up for you."

"Violet, did you help with this calzone?" Pete asked changing the subject.

"Sorta but Remi did most of the work. I did help with the icing and she let me lick the bowl." Violet laughs.

"Pete you know you just have to lick the bowl." I laugh.

"This food is amazing Remi." Pete laughs.

"I told you she was fattening me up. She's already made me so many things and when I take her the bowls she fills them back up." Gray said.

I smile at him and wink. "Well we better get going I have to drop Violet off and head to the coffee shop," I said standing up.

Gray walks us out to the car and helps Violet get buckled in and walks around to the driver's side where I'm standing. "Thank you for watching Violet. I won't get home till late so I'll text you if you're still awake." He said.

"Sounds good hopefully I'll see you later." I lean in and kiss him lightly on the lips.

He smiles at me and touches my face with his thumb. "I hope so too." He leans in and pecks my lips again and walks back to the door waving at Violet.

As we are driving back to the house Violet is quiet and then she turns and looks at me. "Remi can I ask a question?" She asks.

"Sure ask away what is it, Violet?" I ask turning the radio down.

"You do like my Uncle Gray don't you?" She giggles.

"I do like him and he likes me too. Are you ok with that?" I ask her.

"I heard you kissing yuck." She giggles.

"Boys have cooties huh?" I laugh.

"Yes they do but I like seeing Uncle Gray smile." She said.

Once back to the house I help her get inside say bye to Levi and head down to the coffee shop to talk to Irene to see what she thinks.

"Hey, Irene!" I said as I walked in the door and she was wiping off tables.

"Hey, darlin! Thanks for coming by I'll be done shortly." She said.

"Here let me wipe the tables off for you," I said taking the rag from her.

After I help her lock up and finish the chores I ask if we can talk. We go out back and set on a patio area.

"Now there is no way I want to offend you or anything but I know things are getting hard on you guys and now that I live here I plan to stick around and I was just wondering if maybe I could take over the shop for you or buy it from you," I said.

"Really? You want to buy this place?" She smiled.

"It means something to me as well as you and Dub do and I want you to retire and relax and know the shop is in good hands. I would like to change a few things and add some of my sweets to the menu and drinks for kids but think about it and talk it over with Dub and let me know." I smile taking her hand in mine.

"Oh, Remi you have made my day. We have been talking for months about shutting this place down but don't have the heart. Can I get back to you tomorrow?" She smiles.

"You bet! Take all the time you need. I'll come back in the morning on my jog with Gray and we can talk then if you want." I smile standing up to hug her.

"See you in the morning then." She smiles and hugs me.