45🍪

Wow, a baby! That's all that's going through my mind as we walk into the house

Wow, a baby! That's all that's going through my mind as we walk into the house. I stick the picture on the fridge and walk to the bedroom and sit down on the bed.

"Babe are you ok? You have been awful quiet since we found out about the baby." Gray said sitting down beside me grabbing my hand.

"I'm ok just shocked really. I mean I should have known with the symptoms but I didn't think this would happen so quick." I sigh.

"So when do you want to tell people?" He asks.

"I don't know. Maybe not right away to Violet but you can tell Levi and I guess I'll call my parents and we need to tell your dad and Diane."

"I'll leave it up to you as to when we tell anyone." He said.

"It's your baby to Gray we make these decisions together. So when do you want to tell?" I ask him.

"Well, I would like to tell Levi now. But I agree about Violet waiting because anything can happen." He said.

"Call them over to have lunch with us and you can tell him while I occupy Violet." I smile.

"You sure you feel like it?" He said leaning down kissing my lips.

"I will be ok I know you are bursting to tell Levi. Text him already. I'll go make up some calzones." I smile heading toward the kitchen.

"They are on there way babe," Gray said as the doors opened up.

"Hey, guys! Violet, you want to help me make a calzone?" I asked her.

"Of course Aunt Remi!" She smiles

"Go wash your hands ok?" I tell her as I take the picture off the refrigerator and hand it to Gray.

"Levi we wanted you to see something but be quiet don't want to tell Violet yet," Gray said handing him the picture.

"Holy shit! Well after what I saw yesterday I'm not surprised. Congrats guys how far?" Levi asked.

"5-6 weeks," Gray said.

"Aunt Remi I'm ready!" Violet comes out of the bathroom smiling. So I tie her apron around her and we prep to veggies for the calzones.

Gray and Levi are on the couch watching sports while the food is cooking. I'm hoping I have a little girl like Violet that I can cook with and do girly stuff with.

An hour later the food was ready and we all sit down to eat and it tasted so good. It seemed like my senses had kicked in and everything just smelled better.

Once they left we cleaned up and I told Gray I wanted to call my parents. We sit down on the couch together and he had ahold of the picture.

📞Hey Dad! What are yall up too?

📞Hey dumpling! Yeah just settling back in. How are you guys?

📞We are good. We have some news. Where is mom?

📞She right here. What's going on?

📞I'm going to flip to FaceTime ok?

📞sure.

📞Ok, there you guys are. Well umm, Gray, and I have something to share with you guys.

Gray holds up the sonogram pic. My mom screams my dad starts crying.

📞We are pregnant!

📞Oh dumpling I cant believe it. My baby is having a baby.

📞We found out today I'm between 5-6 weeks and I go back in a month to have another ultrasound.

📞Oh, Remi I am so happy I cant wait to see your stomach get bigger. When I was pregnant with you I got big as a house.

📞Oh, mom, I hope not that big. But umm don't breathe a word we haven't told anyone besides Levi and we still need to tell Davis and Diane.

📞Mums the word dumpling. Wow, I can't believe it. I guess we will be making more trips to North Carolina.

📞You better! Well, I love you both and I'll keep you updated. I'll send you a pic of this to your phone bye guys!

Gray and I wave at them.

📞Bye love you both!

"So that went smoothly. You want to try and go over to your dads this evening to tell them?" I ask.

"I guess so I'll test to make sure they will both be there." He signed.

"Babe really you need to give Diane a chance she is a nice person and if you get past all that's in your way she's not trying to take your mom's place. Do you want me to call her?" I ask.

"You would do that?" He asks.

"Of course I will and I'll tell her we want to drop by this evening for a few if they aren't busy." I smile picking up my phone.

📞Hey Diane it's Remi!

📞Hey sweetie what's up?

📞Gray and I want to stop over after while will you guys be home?

📞Of course, we will. Davis gets home around 5.

📞Sounds good we will see you later and thanks.

📞Can't wait! Cya later.

"See all done. Maybe I should make some cookies to take over. Your dad loves the coconut and Diane loves the fudge. Then we can show the picture." I said walking to the kitchen.

"No talking you out of it. let me help and I appreciate you talking to Diane. I just need to get to know her. Your right I haven't given her a chance and my mom would be disappointed in me for that." Gray said.

I grab out the ingredients. "Gray she's going to be our babies grandma so you need to get along."

"So what do you want a boy or girl?" He smirks.

"Honestly it don't matter but I'm hoping a girl." I smile what about you?

"I don't care I guess but a boy to carry on the name." He said.

"Any names you like?" I ask him.

"Yeah, I have a boy and a girls name I like." He smiled.

"Lay them on me then. I might just like them too." I laugh throwing flour at him.

Once the cookies are done we jump in my car and head to the Reece residence.