14🍪

I roll over when my alarm goes off to find myself naked wrapped up in Gray's arms

I roll over when my alarm goes off to find myself naked wrapped up in Gray's arms. I smile and look over at him and he's staring back at me.

"Good morning beautiful." He smiles.

"Good morning Gray! Are you ready to go for our run?" I yawn.

"Yeah let me run home and put on some athletic gear and I'll be back." He said getting out of the bed and heading toward the door.

While he's gone I dress in my athletic gear my black pants and pink sports bra and pull my hair up into a bun and start putting on my shoes when he walked back in.

"Levi is sitting in the livingroom smirking at me." Gray laughed.

"Was he shocked?" I smirked.

"Not really I mean he kinda sorta knew from the other night when I was over. He said if we were a thing and then asked if I had seen you naked. But he whispered that incase Violet walked in." He laughed.

"Well, I can't be mad at it. He's curious and it's ok I guess." I said finish tying my shoe. I grab my money and put it down my top and put my phone in my pocket.  Are you ready to get going?

"Oh yeah, I'm ready lets head to the coffee shop. Maybe Irene has some news for you." He said.

We run down the beach and we are laughing when we finally get to the coffee shop. I walk in to get water while Gray sits at a table outside.
I walk back a few minutes later with two waters and sit beside him.

"You didn't get to talk to her?" He asked.

"She has some customers in there and I didn't want to bother her. I'll try again before we leave." I said.

"You know what this patio area needs?" he asked.

"No what?" I ask.

"Umbrellas. You know the kind you can put in and if the wind blows they won't come out and maybe a little play area over there for the kids." He smiles.

"Wow, that's a great idea. You have really given this some thought haven't ya?." I said.

"Well kinda I mean if you guys come to an agreement I'd like to help you what I can and I know Levi could help since that's what he does." He smiles wrapping his arm around me.

I lean into him when Irene steps out and motions us inside. "You guys go talk and I will try to help Dub take care of the counter." Gray smiled.

"Oh, Remi he's handsome." Irene laughs.

"I sure think so." I giggle sitting down at a table that's in the back of the store.

"So I talked to Dub last night and as you know we are getting older and its become harder for us to keep this place running." She sighs.

I reach out and grab her hand. "We want to sell it to you. We aren't sure where we will live but we will come up with a reasonable price and give us a decent time to move." She smiled.

"Listen Irene you and Dub mean a lot to me so you guys stay upstairs as long as you want and I do want to buy it from you. Just come up with a price and I will get me a loan and we will go from there." I said.

"Oh, honey you wouldn't mind if we stayed upstairs?" Irene smiled.

"Not at all but I will say I will be having construction going on and it may keep you awake." I laugh.

"So what do you have in mind?" She asked and before I could tell her Gray comes running into the room saying that Dub passed out and that he needs to be taken to the hospital.

"Oh my god!" I jump up and run toward the kitchen to find Dub on the ground and disoriented. I rub his face and asked Irene for a wash rag for his forehead while Grey calls for an ambulance.

Irene is crying calling his name and Grey wraps her in a hug. I'm still down on my knees wiping his face and checking his pulse when Josh and Pete walks in.

"Go on with him Irene I'll take care of the shop for you," I said walking out with her.

"I'll stay and help you Remi if you like." Gray smiles.

"That would be nice. I guess we have to wing it but I can go over things with you too."

"Alright fill me in while you teach me how to work this machine." He laughs.

"Well Irene agreed to sell this place to me and I told her they could continue to live upstairs if she wanted to. But that I would be doing repairs." I smiled at him.

"That sounds good. How about you make us some food and come over for dinner tonight and we can talk to Levi about construction. I bet you already have a name picked don't you?" He asks working the machine.

"Maybe I do." I giggle.

The door opens and Kimmie walks in. "Well hello, you two. What are you doing here?" She smiled.

"Irene had something to do so we are taking over," Gray said.

"My husband has raved over your calzone and cupcakes Remi. I may need you to teach me to make that." She laughs.

"I would be happy to. It's not that hard actually Violet helped me to make it." I smiled at her.

"Can I get a cappuccino to go please?" She asked.

"You got it! Gray go ahead," I smirk at him and bump his hip.

"I'm not sure it would be drinkable if I made it." He laughed.

I made Kimmie's drink and handed it over to her. She gave us a tip and left. "She seems nice," I said.

"Yeah, she seems to be. She's been married to Pete for a long time and he's a nice guy but I haven't talked to her much just hi and bye really." He said.

A couple of hours passed and still no Irene and Dub so we closed up the shop and ran back to her house.

"What do you want to make for dinner then?" Once back in my kitchen.

"Whatever is easy for you." Gray shrugs.

"How about chicken casserole?" I smile over at him.